This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Splash Mtn refurb

I see on another site... wdw + magic ... a nice video of the ride through of SM that reopened yesterday. Looks like this beloved ride got the TLC treatment. No more tarp. Nice bright colors. Working animatronics! Looking forward to seeing it with my own eyes in May. Anyone on here go on it yesterday or today?

Re: Splash Mtn refurb

Heading over tomorrow late afternoon to ride. Can't wait!
    ABOMIBOT
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Personal Site ABOMIBOT.com | Professional Site Playhead.com | Follow My Tweets
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

A trip to Magic Kingdom feels empty without this ride, glad to see it's finally re-opened! Can't wait to see the hard work they put into it pay off

Comment

Were parts of the audio updated? It sounds a little different... esp. the finale chorus. Animatrponics look fantastic are actually articulate the way they did when it opened.

Nice.

(But I still love the orginal! Its quicker pace has a nicer story flow).

Comment

I also saw the Laughing Place working again. Yay .
          sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

While I'm happy Splash got some much needed attention, the question remains: how long will it STAY in this type of shape before we start to see some of the problems it had in the past? I hope it will be a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyM View Post
              While I'm happy Splash got some much needed attention, the question remains: how long will it STAY in this type of shape before we start to see some of the problems it had in the past? I hope it will be a long time...
              I give it a month until the folks at WDWMagic are arguing over the "million dollar rabbit"....again.
              sigpic

Comment

Well at the very least I hope it stays fixed through June
                sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

Hopping Brer Rabbit was broken last night... why am I not surprised? :/
                  -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Hopping Brer Rabbit was broken last night... why am I not surprised? :/
                    Well that was fast.
                    sigpic

Comment

Last time all the animatronics were up and running, it lasted about 2 weeks before it was in just about as bad of shape it had been. Same people, same policies, same result.
                      "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Semiquaver View Post
                        Last time all the animatronics were up and running, it lasted about 2 weeks before it was in just about as bad of shape it had been. Same people, same policies, same result.
                        maybe they're just refurbishing the same cheap *** parts?
                        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                        -George S. Patton

Comment

lol......nevermind......cant figure out how to delete the post, so I wrote this.....lol
                          Last edited by redrhino54; 03-23-2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Looks good now that the refurbishment has finished
                            The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

Brilliant refurbishment TDO.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X