Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could work anywhere in WDW, where would it be?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] If you could work anywhere in WDW, where would it be?

I am a Disney College Program Alumni and I have been pondering what role and what location I would want to work in if I could do it again. I worked Hollywood Studios Right Block Merchandise and absolutely loved it. I am curious to know what other roles and locations other people have worked and enjoyed or that if they could, they would want to work in!

Re: If you could work anywhere in WDW, where would it be?

In a nice air-conditioned office.

When I was a kid, my dream job was to be a character performer. Not anymore now that I know all that they go through. It sounds like fun to a point, but getting heat stroke at least once a week doesn't sound fun at all.

Maybe a character attendant or a PhotoPass photographer.

Comment

I'll take President, WDW Resort

Comment

I agree with the character performer! I'd love to do it, but I would only want to be a dancer in parades or friends with a face character for the pure fact of comfort! I have heard many people say that Character Attendant is fun since you get to hang out with the characters all day, so I definitely wouldn't mind that one!

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
          I'll take President, WDW Resort

Ditto.

I've already worked in the costuming department. It's only a good place to work if your position does not involve personally dealing with character performers. That's all I'll say about that.

Comment

parade performer.

Comment

Haunted Mansion Maid would be a dream for me. Alas, I am too old and have always lived in the northern US.
              sigpic
              “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
              but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
              ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

I've never worked for Disney but if I could, I'd work at either the HM, PotC or ToT.

Comment

When I retire in far fewer years than I'd like, I plan to move to Orlando and drive boats for Disney. And that might mean a friendship in Epcot, or the ferry from the TTC to the MK, or even one of the smaller boats from a resort to a park. I'm not looking forward to working outside in the heat, but it sure would be fun to be out on the water for a living!

Comment

Monorail pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraDCPAlumni2012 View Post
                      I agree with the character performer! I'd love to do it, but I would only want to be a dancer in parades or friends with a face character for the pure fact of comfort! I have heard many people say that Character Attendant is fun since you get to hang out with the characters all day, so I definitely wouldn't mind that one!
                      A friend of mine is a character attendant and while they like what they do, there's drawbacks. You have to deal with guests, who can get unruly at times. My friend has had to break up fights between guests, tell overbearing guests to back off and more. They have the F-bomb and other curses screamed at them every day. You have to have nerves of steel to put up with that kind of abuse every single day.

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                        When I retire in far fewer years than I'd like, I plan to move to Orlando and drive boats for Disney. And that might mean a friendship in Epcot, or the ferry from the TTC to the MK, or even one of the smaller boats from a resort to a park. I'm not looking forward to working outside in the heat, but it sure would be fun to be out on the water for a living!
                        That does sound fun! My dad wants to retire there and drive the monorails himself

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          A friend of mine is a character attendant and while they like what they do, there's drawbacks. You have to deal with guests, who can get unruly at times. My friend has had to break up fights between guests, tell overbearing guests to back off and more. They have the F-bomb and other curses screamed at them every day. You have to have nerves of steel to put up with that kind of abuse every single day.
                          That's what I've heard! Seems more like a bitter sweet job haha I loved working merch because I had so much guest interaction, although I did work with some rude and less intelligent guests at times haha

Comment

My wife and I have always toyed with the notion of giving everything up here in NC, selling the house, buying a cheap condo in Orlando, and working at WDW. She would make funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow and I would be a Jungle Cruise Skipper (though I used to dream of ring a Helmsman on 20,000 Leagues...).. I try to laugh at all the bad jokes when I ride, even when the other guests just look at each other awkwardly. I'm sure I annoy the cast members. I've almost to a few of the spiels memorized...

Comment

I'd definitely want to work at Test Track because half the time its working and half the time its broken down
                              "Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

Also visit my website at:
                              http://yimagineering.wordpress.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X