Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Rumor] Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

    Source: Screamscape

    Rumor has it that Star Tours: The Adventure Continues technology may be worked into a new Soaring ride. This means that most likely guests would be able to digitally experience different ride destinations/scenes through randomized programing. Not clear on whether the ride would take place across America or if it would be an international trek.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-03-2013, 02:35 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

    The new Soarin' is being developed for Shanghai, and Florida and California will probably get the new movie around the same time. (It's just completely around the world based, no real set location) If it's randomized, that's news to me, but that would be entirely possible if they invest in the new digital projection system that is rumored.
    -Bill

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

      If they really wanted to do something unique for Futureworld, they could make a Soarin' film that flew the guest through a futuristic world that highlighted the technologies shown throughout the rest of Epcot, and showed them implemented. Sure, it would take another film being produced, but I bet that would bring people flocking. If they HAD to tie it into a franchise, they could include the city and characters from Meet The Robinsons. (But please, only a cameo!)
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

      No matter where you go, there you are.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

        Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
        If they really wanted to do something unique for Futureworld, they could make a Soarin' film that flew the guest through a futuristic world that highlighted the technologies shown throughout the rest of Epcot, and showed them implemented. Sure, it would take another film being produced, but I bet that would bring people flocking. If they HAD to tie it into a franchise, they could include the city and characters from Meet The Robinsons. (But please, only a cameo!)
        The Land is about the environment and Earth's ecosystems and how we can better our relationship with the Earth. I don't think what you suggested really works as well with that.

        And Meet the Robinsons needs to take over Tomorrowland.
        M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
        sigpic
        Flickr

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

          True, I hadn't really thought about The Land's actual theme, although it wouldn't take much of a stretch to show the future of agriculture fully implemented on land, space and sea, like in Horizons. That,I think, would better fit the theme. I agree that Robinsons would be perfect for Tomorrowland, but that's for another thread.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

          No matter where you go, there you are.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

            When has that ever stopped Disney (at least recently)? Soarin over California doesn't fit The Land Pavilion's theme either.
            Disneyland Cast Member
            Outdoor Vending
            1996 - 1999

            My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
            http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

              Originally posted by Big D View Post
              When has that ever stopped Disney (at least recently)? Soarin over California doesn't fit The Land Pavilion's theme either.
              How doesn't it? Granted it doesn't fit the canservation theme, but it does at least tie in with providing spectacular views of the Land we learn about in the pavilion...
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
              -George S. Patton

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

                Originally posted by Bill View Post
                The new Soarin' is being developed for Shanghai, and Florida and California will probably get the new movie around the same time. (It's just completely around the world based, no real set location) If it's randomized, that's news to me, but that would be entirely possible if they invest in the new digital projection system that is rumored.
                Wow! What a lofty goal on Disney's part. Featuring randomized destinations thru a digitalized bank would result in one beautiful experience.
                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

                  Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
                  How doesn't it? Granted it doesn't fit the canservation theme, but it does at least tie in with providing spectacular views of the Land we learn about in the pavilion...
                  The Land tie in promotes synergied edutainment.
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

                    Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                    The Land tie in promotes synergied edutainment.
                    ahh missed that part
                    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                    -George S. Patton

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

                      Well The Land is sponsored isn't it. It wouldn't be too hard.
                      sigpic

                      What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

                      Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

                        Unfortunately, Nesle pulled its sponsorship in 2009.
                        DisneyTwins
                        Since May 2003

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

                          The Land is sponsored by Chiquita.
                          -Bill

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

                            I thought Chiquita only sponsored "Living With the Land"
                            DisneyTwins
                            Since May 2003

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Soarin' Over The Horizon (Rumored For 2016)

                              Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              The new Soarin' is being developed for Shanghai, and Florida and California...
                              Are they still planning one for the Port Discovery lans at Disney Sea?
                              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X