This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] New Star Wars attraction patent

Could this be the patent for the new Star Wars Speeder Bike attraction?

Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: New Star Wars attraction patent

Interesting...
    sigpic
    “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

This patent looks to be quite adaptable, and could be used almost anywhere. Especially when you combine it with older Disney patents covering vehicle systems and track interfaces.

First thought that popped into my head was the DL Peoplemover track - they can use the existing Load and Unload and the exposed trackage just like it was for Rocket Rods, and put their mini-theater setup anywhere along the track route or add an extension. Like a new show building behind Space Mountain and over the parade float day parking.

They would need to add a curtain or door to cut the sight-lines from the track, or that would break the fourth wall real quick. But you don't patent a curtain.

--<< Bruce >>--
      There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I believe that is actually for one of the Avatar rides

Comment

first thing that popped into my mind when i saw this, spiderman/transformers rides at universal. could be a good sign but we will have to see.

Comment

This looks identical to the plans for Ratatouille at WDSP

Comment

looks very interesting IMO...very adaptable
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
              -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                This patent looks to be quite adaptable, and could be used almost anywhere. Especially when you combine it with older Disney patents covering vehicle systems and track interfaces.

First thought that popped into my head was the DL Peoplemover track - they can use the existing Load and Unload and the exposed trackage just like it was for Rocket Rods, and put their mini-theater setup anywhere along the track route or add an extension. Like a new show building behind Space Mountain and over the parade float day parking.

They would need to add a curtain or door to cut the sight-lines from the track, or that would break the fourth wall real quick. But you don't patent a curtain.

--<< Bruce >>--
                This would allow more show scenes along the limited people mover track. It makes a lot more sense to put in something like this since it would allow for a seemingly long ride on a short track.
                Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Originally posted by Rave View Post
                  This looks identical to the plans for Ratatouille at WDSP

Good eye! You appear to be spot on.

There was another patent posted here a few months ago that involved some airplanes. Everyone suspected a planes tie-in, but I'd guess the planes were a misdirect. Pop an x-wing in there instead. Aside from being a Jedi, piloting an x-wing is probably every fan's dream.
                  "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

yeah I think this tech is very adaptable like... ominmovers
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Looks like the Phantom Manner/Ratatouille system. I hope they put one in Paradise pier.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                        yeah I think this tech is very adaptable like... ominmovers
                        Yes you're right it appears kinda like a modern omnimover type system...in the adaptability sense
                        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                        -George S. Patton

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X