This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News All WDW Parks Are Now Turnstile Free

Magic Kingdom Park Makes Disney History As All Walt Disney World Parks Go Turnstile Free « Disney Parks Blog

Saw this on my newsfeed on facebook. Not really happy about it but nothing we can do, My Magic + has officially taken over how you get into the parks now. I still don't classify this as something worth mentioning as Disney history but that's just my opinion. How do you guys feel?

Re: All WDW Parks Are Now Turnstile Free

ORGOCH: I feel stuffed from eatin' too much roast buzzard fer Thanksgivin'--that's how I feel!!

Comment

Key to the Kingdom tickets are still currently given out if requested in addition to the bands, and all non-resort guests have tickets anyway - they use the same magic band equipment, and certainly was more efficient and fast-moving for us than the current Disneyland setup with CM's halting the line progress taking photos of each guest and attaching them to tickets as needed manually before anyone could get in behind them, the stroller gate, etc. Scan admission media, fingerprint, and you're through, and every guest can do it - no added waiting for slow processing like DL is currently saddled with.
      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I have no problem with the "no turnstile" setup. The only slowdowns are the people who don't get it, but it is easy enough to pick up even for the slowest people. Anything that makes the line move along is ok with me.

Comment

If it let's me get into the park quicker to enjoy myself I'm all for this :thumbup:
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
          -George S. Patton

Comment

Without the turnstiles, what will hit the 6 year olds in the back of the head when they enter the park?
            It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
            sigpic

Comment

Now that's funny!

Comment

Call me old fashioned, but I still like those turnstiles. Just walking through them lets you know you're officially in the park now.
                Current coaster count: 179
                100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
                150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
                last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Comment

At ski areas in the past an employee would look at the date on your lift ticket. Then as time advanced an employee would scan the tickets.

This really all started about 15 years or maybe longer ago, that ski areas started use of RFID cards. This makes the lines move quicker and takes less employees. Guess what else you can preload ticket onto the card for return visits, load with money or link a card.

Disney is not inventing anything here. So many fear expressed on Disney boards have been well covered at ski areas.

I've used this at Mammoth Mountain, I hear even tiny ski areas have switched to this technology. I bet imagineers also have come across it.
                  Last edited by swampymarsh; 12-02-2013, 07:44 PM.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X