This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] music heard in Walt Disney World

Trying to track down the name of a piece of music I heard at Walt Disney World back in the 80s...
    I heard a piece of music played inside a ride where something Mexican was featured. I recognized the tune so I probably had heard it over the years on the radio. The part of the tune played in the ride was only instrumental; I can not remember the whole song so there is a chance that might be lyrics/singers at some portion of the tune but I do not think so. It starts off with a catchy theme which I can still pick out on the piano. Make all notes say 1/2 notes except for the two exceptions and make them a 1/4 notes with a bit of an accent. b flat e flat f (1/4) e flat f (1/4) e flat then there are a few more notes and this opening theme ends. There is then a theme that comes in that might be a middle section of the tune. That theme uses strings to provide a soaring type of melody. Remember that I last heard this about 30 years ago so my memory may certainly not be 100% correct.

Anybody have any idea what the tune is that heard years and years ago?

Re: music heard in Walt Disney World

I couldn't say this song was ever played on the radio, and not musically inclined to be able to pick out/match the notes as you describe, but the original Mexico pavilion at Epcot and boat ride had a very catchy theme song heard throughout (there were indeed vocals in the ride though, but not all the way through over the music). It does use strings and has a 'intro' section then a middle bit before the reprise comes back.

when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I really appreciate you helping me. Unfortunately, this is not the music I heard. Maybe somebody else has an idea. I will certainly keep searching.

Many Thanks

Comment

Maybe it was from If You Had Wings/Delta Dreamflight at the Magic Kingdom?

Comment

I listened very carefully to the music in both the video clips. My mystery tune was not played in either. Thanks for posting these - nice try!!!

Comment

If you can pick it out on the piano, maybe post a video of you playing it so we can hear it and steer you in the right direction?
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Try the whole El Rio Del Tiempo ride here:

And try this one too:

Comment

Once again - nice try. Neither one of these two videos have the tune I am after. The idea about posting me playing the tune (what part I can remember) might work. I will explore that option. If anybody else has an idea what the song may be - let me know.

Comment

I wonder if it's a song from Kitchen Kabaret in the Land pavilion? There were a number of different themes used in that. It wasn't a ride through attraction though as it was a seated theatre production with AA characters. Could be here.

Kitchen Kabaret Full Show - YouTube

Comment

And if that's not it then I have no idea what else because those are ALL the attractions at the time that had any kind of Mexican music in them.

Comment

How about the Three Caballeros segment from The Mickey Mouse Review?

Comment

I believe The Mickey Mouse Review was already sent to Tokyo at this point. Great suggestion though.

Comment

It's cool in a way that this is such a challenge. Back then so many of the EPCOT Center attractions relied on musical themes that have stayed with us old-timers. It's fun to revisit the time period if only for nostalgic reasons.

Comment

Not in "the Kitchen"! I really enjoyed the music/lyrics though. I am going to try to record what little of the mystery tune that I can remember and send that to some folks. My memory for tunes is rather good so perhaps I heard it on the Disney TV show back in the 50s? I will keep looking and listening.

Comment

Originally posted by wdw96 View Post
                              How about the Three Caballeros segment from The Mickey Mouse Review?
                              Originally posted by Country Bear View Post
                              I believe The Mickey Mouse Review was already sent to Tokyo at this point. Great suggestion though.
                              Yep. Mickey Mouse Revue closed at WDW in September 1980 and was an opening day attraction at Tokyo Disneyland in April 1983.

Originally posted by surryearl View Post
                              My memory for tunes is rather good so perhaps I heard it on the Disney TV show back in the 50s? I will keep looking and listening.
                              Are you thinking maybe something from the old Zorro TV series?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X