Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

    New Hidden Mickey Pins Arriving Soon at Disney Parks for 2014 « Disney Parks Blog

    New Hidden Mickey Pins Arriving Soon at Disney Parks for 2014

    posted on January 27th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager


    Hidden Mickey pinsDisney Parks. For those unfamiliar with these pins, the Disney pin team distributes these pins to Cast Members to use for trading with guests. The Hidden Mickey pin collection was first introduced at Walt Disney World Resort in 2002. Today, they have become something fun for guests to collect or trade while visiting Disney Parks. Jeanne Lewis, merchandiser for Disney pins
    For Disneyland Resort, Jeanne included pins that were inspired by the beautiful tile artwork found outside Carthay Circle on Buena Vista Street (you can see a great video about the creation of those tiles in this Disney Parks Blog story). I also love the character tiki face and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit pins.

    For Walt Disney World Resort, Jeanne continued the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot sign collection first introduced years ago. There is also a collection featuring the Seven Dwarfs, which is a slight nod to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coming to New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  • #2
    Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

    Interesting...I may try for the Oswald and parking lot ones just because they are so unusual.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

      Oh my gosh the Pascals ones are awesome! I want all 5!!! The Oswalds are always really cool!
      Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

        I fear the Pascals and the Rapunzel will be ones that will be the most counterfeited.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

          I was really hoping to find a Pascal one on my trip this past week but some of the unofficial pin traders said they weren't being released until today, 2/8. Of course I left on 2/6...

          i guess I'll have to try to try for the DCA tiles....those are pretty cool!
          Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

            I am glad to see new pins (as an art form they remind me of Faberge Eggs) but diminishing my joy is the concept of Magic Bands that would eliminate lanyards...
            "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

              Originally posted by DobbysCloset View Post
              I am glad to see new pins (as an art form they remind me of Faberge Eggs) but diminishing my joy is the concept of Magic Bands that would eliminate lanyards...
              What do MagicBands have to do with pin lanyards?

              "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

                Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                What do MagicBands have to do with pin lanyards?
                People would wear lanyards with their tickets and KTTW cards in them, none of which are needed now due to the magic band, so in theory, lanyards are on their way out
                Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

                  Originally posted by CassiefRN View Post
                  People would wear lanyards with their tickets and KTTW cards in them, none of which are needed now due to the magic band, so in theory, lanyards are on their way out

                  Not the pin lanyards. I think the only people with an empty lanyard with a card pouch were the ones who were given a pin and lanyard from AAA free, so they just used their card at the base of their lanyard. For pin traders/wearers the card pouch is not the primary reason for the lanyard. Their lanyard is for the pins with the pouch more of an added optional convenience.

                  Now with the MagicBand, those card pouches can go away, but I would think pin traders would simply replace them with one of those big medallions or something else rather than doing away with the lanyard completely. Where would they wear their pins?

                  "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

                    Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                    Not the pin lanyards. I think the only people with an empty lanyard with a card pouch were the ones who were given a pin and lanyard from AAA free, so they just used their card at the base of their lanyard. For pin traders/wearers the card pouch is not the primary reason for the lanyard. Their lanyard is for the pins with the pouch more of an added optional convenience.

                    Now with the MagicBand, those card pouches can go away, but I would think pin traders would simply replace them with one of those big medallions or something else rather than doing away with the lanyard completely. Where would they wear their pins?
                    That was the whole point of the previous poster...no lanyards, no pins.
                    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

                      Yup giving people lanyards or a lanyard and pin was a way to encourage collecting pins. I used a lanyard because it was convenient to put tickets and money in and kept it secure, rather than slipping it in my pocket where it could slip out.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

                        I got one of the DLR pins today! I found a CM with the character tiki face chaser pin with Donald. If nothing else, it means they are out there! Happy hunting!
                        Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X