• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matcase
    MiceChatter
    • Apr 2007

[Question] disneyworld honeymoon

I am looking for some help with some questions.
    We are going to disneyworld for our honeymoon on May 5th and leaving 12th. We are staying at port Orleans riverside. We are AP holders at Disneyland. have 5 day passes at disneyworld.

Any most see and do at disneyworld?

We would like to go to universal for one day. Can you do both parks in one day?

We want to rent a car for a day and see some of Florida. Any suggestions that we could go we could do in a day?

Thank you in advance
  • Timon'sGirl
    Helpful
    • Jun 2010

Re: disneyworld honeymoon

You could get up early one morning and drive over to Cocoa Beach. It is the closest beach and I believe it is maybe an hours drive. Or visit Cape Canaveral which is by Cocoa Beach and see NASA and the space museum.

If you do Universal it is pretty much a whole day thing. There is so much there to see and do. And it depends on which park you do Uni or Islands of Adventure or both if you buy their version of the park hopper. Hope that helps.

Comment

• swampymarsh
      Under that tree again!
      • Nov 2011

Cocoa Beach I would say conservatively takes about 1.5 hours, but Cape Canaveral and the beach are a decent suggestion if you both want to do something science museum like.

Sanibel Island is a 2-3 hours drive, south of Tampa. It is great to find shells on, and the Gulf is nicer for swimming.

Universal in a day. Yes it's possible. Get there early and go to Forbidden Journey quickly right as the gates open. After that lines won't be too bad at all. It will still be a race to do everything. You may want to relax a little and just go for most.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• sbk1234
        formerly very helpful
        • Sep 2007

First, congratulations. My wife and I honeymooned at WDW many, many years ago and stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter. It's a great place for a honeymoon, so I know you'll have a blast.
        Personally, I love spending as much time as possible in WDW, so that's always my focus. I was honestly a little disappointed with Kennedy Space Center. If you've been to Washington DC and seen the Smithsonian, then I don't think there's a reason to go. Since you are AP holders for Disneyland, I'll assume you're from the Southern California area, or at least come regularly enough. In that case, the California Science Center has the Space Shuttle Endeavor on display, so if you want to see a shuttle, I'd go there and free up some valuable Florida time. Also, if you're from California, we got pretty decent beaches, so Cocoa Beach may not be a priority.
        Of course, this is all subjective, so you may feel differently.
        As for what not to miss at WDW, the Magic Kingdom is the most like Disneyland, although there are countless differences. So I generally make it a little less of a priority, although it's a must see. My personal favorite is EPCOT, so I like to a lot as much time there as possible.
        You'll be there in some good swimming weather, so you may want to check out Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach one day. They are the best water parks I've ever seen. Very Disneylike in quality and theming.
        Epcot, by the way, has some of the best restaurants, so be sure to make reservations. Other restaurants worth the look are in Disney Studios: 50s Prime Time Diner, and Sci-Fi Dine In.
        I know there's more to see, but I'll let someone else chime in.
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• matcase
          MiceChatter
          • Apr 2007

Thank you and thank you for your help.

I think we with pass on the space stuff

She would like to see some of the beaches in the area. What would be a good beach ? Daytona beach?

We have 5 day pass , We are going to go to animal, magic, epoxy and hollywood, which one how be good to go a second day?

Comment

• danlb_2000
            MiceChatter
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by matcase View Post
            Thank you and thank you for your help.

I think we with pass on the space stuff

She would like to see some of the beaches in the area. What would be a good beach ? Daytona beach?

We have 5 day pass , We are going to go to animal, magic, epoxy and hollywood, which one how be good to go a second day?
            I would say either Epcot or Magic Kingdom. Epcot has the most attractions that you don't have in DL, and you could spend two days there if you really want to take you time with World Showcase. Also, be sure not the miss Illuminations the night time show there. Since they are connected by the monorail you could also spend a little time in each (assuming you have a park hopper) to catch things you might have missed the first day. DHS doesn't have a lot of attractions to begin with, and a bunch of them are very similar if not identical to the ones in DL. If you aren't really interested in shows you may not even need a whole day there. AK is also considered a 1/2 day park by some, but if you take you time and do the animal exhibits you can spend most of the day there. If you have time you could also go over to the AK Lodge that day, they have some excellent restaurants there.

Back to your original question about Universal. You could hit the highlights of both parks in one day, especially if you have express pass and skip the attractions that are the same in Universal Hollywood, but it takes a good two days to see both parks in their entirety.

Comment

• redrhino54
              Junker
              • Oct 2008

Last visit to Universal, I did both parks in one day, but, I skipped the coasters, as my body was in a healing mode. I went in Feb., so hardly any lines for many of the attractions. I also ate on the fly, and saved time that way.If your into the coasters, it would be tough to do both parks in one day, without missing some cool stuff.

Comment

• matcase
                MiceChatter
                • Apr 2007

I want to say thank you to everyone for the help. If you have any other ideas please us know. I know there is so much to do and we would like to see as much as we can.

Comment

• matcase
                  MiceChatter
                  • Apr 2007

I do have a question about epcot and the two different worlds? Do you have to have a park hopper to go to both ?

Comment

• aimster
                    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

I vote Clearwater Beach, which is consistently voted one of the top beaches in the US. It's about 1.5 hours from WDW (I live in Clearwater and about 5 miles or so from the beach). The sunsets on Pier 60 can't be beat. Plus there's some good restaurants in the area (I highly recommend one of the 3 Frenchy's locations, especially the Rock-A-Way or Southside ones).

Comment

• aimster
                      Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

I do have a question about epcot and the two different worlds? Do you have to have a park hopper to go to both ?
                      It's all one park, so no parkhopper needed. Future World and World Showcase are just the 2 different "lands" in the park.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X