This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedition Everest Backside

The backside of Expedition Everest is reportedly being painted a darker shade of brown to better blend into the mountain (this is from someone on another forum). If anyone here notices this and/or has pictures, please post so.
    You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

I sure hope so because that thing is dang ugly! iluvstitch... do you think you could possibly get a shot or two?

Comment

Re: Expedition Everest Backside

A darker brown is still going to vary from the look of rocks...but anywho if they are working it, then fine. I say they just need to get trees to grow taller and thats that. Bigger issues to worry about.

Comment

Here's a photo of the backside taken during construction in June.

Comment

That is a great photo. What is it from?

Comment

Can you even see the back of the ride from any public places?

Comment

I'm sorry that is plain sad they couldn't even finish off the moutain..even if guest cannot see it from inside the park, if I was an Imagineer who was doing the ride, I would be ashamed of myself for not finishing it (budget cuts? but still)- its such a small piece its ridiculous they couldnt finish it cuz it really is a beautiful moutain.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole
                Can you even see the back of the ride from any public places?
                Yes, the parking lot.

Originally posted by A Disney Dreamer
                I'm sorry that is plain sad they couldn't even finish off the moutain..even if guest cannot see it from inside the park, if I was an Imagineer who was doing the ride, I would be ashamed of myself for not finishing it (budget cuts? but still)- its such a small piece its ridiculous they couldnt finish it cuz it really is a beautiful moutain.
                That is how it is done everywhere with the parks. The on stage area is about form, the backstage area is about function. Splash Mountain is just as incomplete on its backside, albiet not visible from public areas. Main Street looks similar on the rear. Just no need to make up the backstage areas, plus it makes them backstage.

Comment

^I know that, but EE is a different story cause it's such a beauty; it's sad it's only half a beauty.

Comment

hmmm, I didn't notice it from the parking lot when I was there, but I just went straight to the trams and not onto the main parking area. I'm surprised they left it visible to the public like that.

Comment

I'm sorry, but Joe Rhode is a genious for not finishing the mountain. He realized that it was very possible that the budget would have went over and/or Disney may have scaled back somewhat. So instead of having that situation & making a half-assed ride, he didn't finish the backside to assure that everything inside the mountain would be made the best they could be. In the future, should money be alotted, they will hide the back of the mountain. But until then, we should be thankful he did that to make the best ride it could be.
                      You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

Comment

I'm sorry, but they should have waited till there was enough money to finish off the mountain completely and, please, don't tell me this because I know all of the information you just told me...it just makes me upset people can see it from the parking lot. Even if they are going to paint it, really motivated guests will be able to tell that it's a half-finished mountain.

Comment

^^I wouldn't say he's a GENIUS, the money was simply spent on what guests would see, which has been standard practice for the Disney parks for the last 50 years. It is unfortunate that some of the backside of the mountain can be seen from the parking lot, however, a darker shade of paint would do a good job at hiding the mountain, and over time as the foliage grows in, that will hide it also.

Comment

I don't think anybody gets overly bothered by the Indiana Jones Adventure sitting right outside of Disneyland. I don't even think most people realize what it is even.

Comment

I'm sorry that is plain sad they couldn't even finish off the moutain..even if guest cannot see it from inside the park
                              Have you ever seen what It's a Small World or the buildings of New Orleans Square look like from behind? Not pretty.

I would be ashamed of myself for not finishing it (budget cuts? but still)- its such a small piece its ridiculous they couldnt finish it cuz it really is a beautiful moutain.
                              It wasn't simply because of budget cuts, it was to be able to put as much budget as possible towards the actual show. The guy behind the design thought that money spent on beautifying backstage was wasted. Walt Disney followed the same philosophy. I've read in Mouse Tales an old-timer commenting that if it weren't for the dioramas tunnel between Tomorrowland and Main Street, the whole office building attatched to that tunnel would have never been built, because Walt was famously cheap about backstage.

And keep in mind at Disneyland backstage was pretty visible from the parking lot and surrounding streets for the first ten years or so because they had yet to really grow a forest around the perimeter of the park
                              Last edited by MickeyMania; 03-22-2006, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X