This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Space Mountain with Lights On

Here are some cool pictures I stumbled on.

http://www.westcoaster.net/updates.p...=032506&page=5

Re: Inside Space Mountain with Lights On

My friend is an animater and they rode it to get a better idea how to animate a certain part of Lilo & Stitch and now he's freaked out to go on it! He says that he now knows how close everything is to you as you ride it and he now ducks. Because of that I refuse to watch the video. I don't want that trama the rest of my life with Space Mountain! :lol:

Comment

My wife and I twice got to ride this with the lights on. I don't know what was going on or why they had the lights on. It was a whole differnt experience. Didn't feel like Space Mountain at all. Felt like a whole differnt roller coaster. Having the lights off really gives it a whole differnt feel.
      Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me on twitter at @blackiepueblo and listen to our free Entertainment Podcast "Studio Alley" http://www.newlineagestudios.com

Comment

Cool pictures, I have never had the pleasure of riding Space Mountain with the lights on but I imagine it would take away from it completely.

Comment

I rode Space with lights on after we broke down near the top of the lift and had to send us down (with lights on) to recycle vehicles and reset the ride again. That was many years ago. I also rode DL's Space Mt. with lights on during the AP night party event in the early 90's. That was fun too.

Comment

I've seen it with the lights on...have nt been on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
              He says that he now knows how close everything is to you as you ride it and he now ducks. Because of that I refuse to watch the video. I don't want that trama the rest of my life with Space Mountain! :lol:
              :lol: That makes me feel worse because I've never been on it with the lights on and I've ducked on it for the last two years I've been on it.

Comment

I have been on the DL space mountain twice with the lights on! it is awesome, then they cycle the cars and let you go back on, the last time all the lights were completely off and so was the music. no special effects or anything, now that was cool!

Comment

My roomate from my first college program go to ride Space Moutain with the lights on during a cast party for tommrowland CMs.... he said it was pretty scary with how close everything is....

So why upgrade the ride when Disney can start running the ride with the lights on... it would be a whole new ride!
                  Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Comment

Interesting. I never knew how the celing was so big and empty and how the loading area is open. They ever plan to remodel it soon?

Comment

So wdw's loading area has no wall inbetween it and the ride? it's all just right there? Can you hear the ride while loading?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                      ~

Comment

Yes. From the back part of the swtichback (rarely used-actually never) you can see the ride too. Not so much from the front.

Comment

Lights-On Space Mountain is a common cast party perk.

I have a bunch of DL Cast TV segments from some time in the past few years that included a brief on-ride video of it.

Comment

I hope when they remodel they actually fix all that empty space with the never used queue... (even when the wait is 120min it's not used.. fire code I hear)

Those are nice photos... Wish i would get to ride with lights on... then i know really when i might have to put my hands down.. lol

Comment

I remember years ago when I was a kid waiting in the huge long line for this ride back when they used the whole queue and being able to see the ride from that spot in the queue. It was the coolest thing as a kid.

It's amazing how much cooler everything is as a kid.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X