This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Year of Million Dreams" at WDW

FYI... WDW just announced yet another celebration to keep the momentum of the happiest celebration event going thru their 35th anniversary, which will be on Oct 1st, 2006.

The new celebration is called "Year of Million Dreams". They purpose of the celebration is to surprise guests with un-imaginable experiences during their visit to WDW, beginning on Oct 1st. Some of the 'surprises' guest will enjoy include sleepovers in Cinderella Castle's royal chambers (hmmm...), Golden Fastpass tickets that will allow guests to ride FP rides all day long using the FP line, invitiations to gala parties (I wonder where...) and even their personal pirate host during a trip thru POTC.... just to name a few of the planned ideas for this event.
    You can read more about it in the Orlando Sentinel.com page...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...orl-home-promo

Re: "Year of Million Dreams" at WDW

Can I have the castle apartment... please.. lol

(Can I wish for more wishes?)

Comment

Good question... I wonder if the old stock room up in the castle is being refurbished and decorated into an apartment of sorts... I am sure there is some other type of reason behind it... like making this "Royal Quarters" a part of the DVC as soon as the promotion is over next year. Care to guess how many points they will charge for the priviledge???

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        Good question... I wonder if the old stock room up in the castle is being refurbished and decorated into an apartment of sorts... I am sure there is some other type of reason behind it... like making this "Royal Quarters" a part of the DVC as soon as the promotion is over next year. Care to guess how many points they will charge for the privilege???
        Anyone remember when Mike Jackson tried to rent the apartment.. and was rejected. Wonder could Dusty find extra money from nowhere along with DVC points and have a WDW meet.. featuring the Castle apartment for a party...
        Last edited by figment1986; 06-08-2006, 10:08 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code

Comment

Yup. They were gonna add it to the Disney hotel line-up a few years back, targetting it at honeymooners in particular, but Disney shyed away from the thought of people 'doing it' in a castle which thousands walk through every day.
          BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
          TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Well that would be my first thought if I won a night...I mean it certainly would be a new place.
            I bet it's gonna happen now. The tower is gonna be Fantasyland for a few people soon.

Comment

Apologies to Darbeer. I just found out this topic was posted before in the news section of MC. Sorry.

Comment

Good question... I wonder if the old stock room up in the castle is being refurbished and decorated into an apartment of sorts...
                The space is currently used as a dressing room for the cinderella live act in front of the castle currently supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway
                  Yup. They were gonna add it to the Disney hotel line-up a few years back, targetting it at honeymooners in particular, but Disney shyed away from the thought of people 'doing it' in a castle which thousands walk through every day.
                  That would certainly make it the happiest place on Earth. :lol:

Comment

I want the whole freakin' park to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster
                      I want the whole freakin' park to myself.
                      I want the whole freaking Custodial team under my supervision...

Comment

I want to hang out with Tigger all day. LOL!

Comment

I want the whole freaking Custodial team under my supervision...
                          and I would love to see you crack the whip and get the staff into shape!!!

Comment

I would personally give me the satisfaction of playing bowling with their heads, down Main Street USA for not doing a good job. Muahahaha!!

Comment

it ashame the 'whole park to yourself' isn't literally the whole park for the day w/friends.. that would be pretty wild. But getting total VIP treatment like that will certainly be magical for someone...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X