July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
      July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
      February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
      February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
      TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Re: Boy dies after riding Disney rollercoaster

He was 7 OR 12? Isn't there usually a big difference between a 7 year old boy and a 12 year old boy?

In any case, it's sad

Comment

oh my..... ....how sad.......

Comment

To many deaths at disney.........

Comment

They were showing live coverage just now on CNN from the park.

Comment

That is so awful. It was just breaking news for CNN. This doesn't bode very well for Disney - Big Thunder derailed in DL and someone died, two people died on Mission: Space, and now this.....

According to the Orlando Sentinel:
                "According to state records reviewed by the Orlando Sentinel, this would be the seventh person to die at a Disney attraction since the Christmas season of 2004."

Yikes I can't think of any other deaths other than the ones I have mentioned. (Someone died at Coronado Springs but I don't know if they're counting that........)

Comment

Wow, that really stinks. Is this the 1st person to die on RNRC or has it happened before. Before I read the article I thought EE had already received it's first victim. Too bad though, that should never have to happen to anyone. Especially at such a famous place as WDW. I only wish the media didn't always play these things out like disney is at fault. My thoughts are with the family, it must be difficult for them.

Edit: Does anyone know of ALL the other deaths they're talking about? I can only think of the ones Disney Princess 4590 already listed. My guess is that they are including the CS death.
                  - Horizonsfan

Comment

Another one? *sigh* The first thing that jumps out at me is the age. Although "7 or 12" is a big difference, physiologically speaking. If it's a 7 year-old, I begin to question whether or not the ride was appropriate for him - putting 4 or 5 Gs on a child of that age is going to be more problematic for someone that young. The second thing that I want to know, that should come out in an autopsy or talks with the family: was there a preexisting condition that either the parents were unaware of or that they ignored warning signs on the attraction about.

As for the seven deaths, I'm stumped as to what the other three are, too. Fact-checkers surrender?

EDIT: CNN is saying that it was a 12-year old.
                    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                      Another one? *sigh* The first thing that jumps out at me is the age. Although "7 or 12" is a big difference, physiologically speaking. If it's a 7 year-old, I begin to question whether or not the ride was appropriate for him - putting 4 or 5 Gs on a child of that age is going to be more problematic for someone that young. The second thing that I want to know, that should come out in an autopsy or talks with the family: was there a preexisting condition that either the parents were unaware of or that they ignored warning signs on the attraction about.

As for the seven deaths, I'm stumped as to what the other three are, too. Fact-checkers surrender?
                      http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/29/coa...ath/index.html

According to cnn and the Orlando Sentinel, the boy was 12 years old. The cause of death is not yet known. Does anyone know why WDW waited 1 1/2 hours after the death to report it to police? It was just breaking news on CNN a few minutes ago and it's about 1 pm where I live.

Comment

I'm starting to think that Disney is soon going to start demanding doctors notes before you get on any of the thrill rides.

My heart and prayers go out to the childs family at this rough time.
                        Growing older is manditory
                        Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Well two others I can think of were: An elderly man got caught under the boat on Peter Pan's Flight at the loading area, a few months back. A teen girl I believe died at Typhoon Lagoon. And I think there was also and incident at Tower of Terror involving a 40 something woman.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

This is terrible! Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Side note: I don't think the elderly man died in the Peter Pan incident.

Comment

The article claims there are five inversions on RnRC....come again?

There are 3, unless they just added two of them.

The death is sad, but it just seems like Disney got some bad luck. Most of these deaths have been freak coincidences involving some sort of undiagnosed condition. After all, it wasn't "Boy dies falling from a Disney roller coaster" or anything that you can actually blame the ride/operators for. Although, if the police thing is true, that could be a problem.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X