Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUmxYhxVUE4

    From 1971 thru 1994, the 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea ride WOWED it's guests. Click on the above link and enjoy a nastalic ride aboard a Nautilus submarine once again.

    Here is an interesting site that, in turn, includes links to other sites -





    YES! This site is all about the amazing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride that was at Disney World!
    http://www.20kride.com/home.html



    Or, click on Mary Rolfe's synopsis of the ride, and her awesome array of photos.

    http://www.pansophist.com/twntyk.htm
    __________________
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

    Cool, thanks! I was never able to go on that ride, it looks like it was fun.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

      i miss that ride, thanks
      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

      [FONT=Arial Narrow]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

        Now aren't we glad that they replaced that ride with a child's playground? That playground is the only place in MK that you can sit on a park bench and eat peanuts while watching your toddlers play. That playground makes MK feel more like home, like your local mall! Why would anyone on vacation want to go on an adventure under the sea , when he can sit on park bench?

        Now that is progress for you...
        Jiminy Cricket Fan
        .................................

        Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

          Awesome! You gotta love the internet!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

            Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
            Now aren't we glad that they replaced that ride with a child's playground? That playground is the only place in MK that you can sit on a park bench and eat peanuts while watching your toddlers play. That playground makes MK feel more like home, like your local mall! Why would anyone on vacation want to go on an adventure under the sea , when he can sit on park bench?

            Now that is progress for you...
            :lmao: They've, of course, replaced Goofy's Bouncehouse at DL's Toon Town with yet another "safe" playground. Seems like I remember a story about Walt having envisioned Disneyland while sitting in a park, bored out of his mind, while watching his daughter play. He thought to himself, "What if there was a special kind of park that families could enjoy together?"

            Today, Retro Team Disney and accountaneers seem to be wondering, "What if we can turn every stateside Disney Resort into a bunch of sucky little playgrounds, and bench all the parents. :evil:

            I do hope that Disney has bigger plans for the filled in, paved over site of the former 20K Lagoon. :beg::beg:
            The future will tell.
            Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-28-2006, 12:06 AM.
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

              ahhhh the memories. My wife never went on the ride - when her parents took her when she was a child the ride was closed for repairs and then when i took her of course it was gone. what a shame.

              side note - when we took our daughter there this past june the grassed in area was blocked off with black fences and a few signs that said "stay off the grass" unless that area wasn't part of the original ride they are starting to block it off now.

              lets just say we didn't travel 3 days with a 7 month old and spend $2K and more to sit on a park bench that we have 5 minutes from our house.

              it boggles the mind i tell ya.
              šoš Sometimes Patrick, sometimes Karen.
              We'll let you decided who types what šoš

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

                Originally posted by cooknthyme View Post
                ahhhh the memories. My wife never went on the ride - when her parents took her when she was a child the ride was closed for repairs and then when i took her of course it was gone. what a shame.

                side note - when we took our daughter there this past june the grassed in area was blocked off with black fences and a few signs that said "stay off the grass" unless that area wasn't part of the original ride they are starting to block it off now.

                lets just say we didn't travel 3 days with a 7 month old and spend $2K and more to sit on a park bench that we have 5 minutes from our house.

                it boggles the mind i tell ya.
                Extremely well put. Disney needs to know just how unhappy and let down people are over the 20K replacement...parents of young kids included.
                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

                  I really enjoyed the video of the ride, it did bring back memories. One can only hope that if they do indeed make a villians park perhaps there will be room for Captain Nemo again.
                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

                    My wife and I were discussing the 20k,where it used to be, does anyone have an old map or photos of were it used to be?
                    šoš Sometimes Patrick, sometimes Karen.
                    We'll let you decided who types what šoš

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

                      thanks for sharing the video. what great memories I have of the ride. Like many have asked before me...why did they close it?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Diving Down Memory Lane - 20K Memories Re-Surface (WDW Ride Video)

                        Originally posted by Hamlet Schmalzbach View Post
                        thanks for sharing the video. what great memories I have of the ride. Like many have asked before me...why did they close it?
                        In view of the phemominal success of Finding Nemo, I'd wager to say that they wish they hadn't destroyed the attraction and it's lagoon. Like Disneyland, WDW suits probably frowned on the ride's high maintanance/operating costs compared to it's relatively low capacity.

                        The area could house easily another a large scale E-ticket. Disney likely figures it is saving a ton of money right now. Quite frankly, people such as yourself should file complaints with the company. If you do not, who knows?...they might replace Splash Mountain with a library and Buzz Lightyear with an AM-PM Mini Market.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X