This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from WDW!

We just returned last night from 7 days at Wilderness Lodge with free dining. We had a great time! I will post pics and a full TR later, but here are the tidbits:

1. The crowds were perfect! I have been in mid-October and early December before and these were the best crowds ever! Our longest line was probably 15 minutes for Counter Service at Epcot yesterday! Expedition Everest was 20 minutes all last Sunday and yesterday Soarin' was at 45 minutes with a FP return time 50 minutes later. I did notice the crowds increase as the week went on thugh!

2. MNSSHP was awesome yet again! I wish DL did this event and not the cheap rip-off that is Halloween Treat. I hate parades, but love this one and the fireworks were also great!

3. We had the free dining plan and it was so nice to have all our food taken care of! We thoruoughly enjoyed looking at a 215 dollar check and not having to pay for it! It is too much food, but still worth it. We had 10 extra credits on our day of departue, which we used for boxes of Entemann's donuts, chips, etc. La Cellier and Kona were our favorite meals!

4. It was hot! We had a little rain on Tuesday night, but that was it! Friday and Saturday were ridiculous and even the bus drivers were commenting on it! I would still go again for the price savings and low crowds though!

5. The resort transportation was awesome! We were worried about this since we always rent a car, but decided not to this time. It is so nice to get in an air conditioned bus and get shuttled everywhere!

6. The Wilderness Lodge is awesome! We loved the location and would stay here again!

7. We had a lot of fun at both DisneyQuest and the waterparks. We are 4 late 20s girls and loved these places!

8. There were 'lovebugs' everywhere! It was disgusting.

Any questions, please feel free to ask! I am working on the TR and pictures, but it may take a while since I have a work conference this week!

Re: Just back from WDW!

Thanks for sharing and glad you had a great time at WDW. Any photos???
    You chose a great hotel, my fav on property as a matter of fact.
    Thanks again for posting your trip report.

Comment

Sounds like you had a wonderful WDW time!!! I can not wait to see your pics and all the GREAT things you have to say about the park. Welcome home !!

Comment

8. There were 'lovebugs' everywhere! It was disgusting.
        Welcome to Florida.

Comment

hey whats a love bug?

Comment

Sounds Like you had fun! Are you going to post a trip report? I would love to hear about your trip!

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
              hey whats a love bug?
              I guess these things...

http://creatures.ifas.ufl.edu/misc/lovebug.htm

Thankfully they aren't here in Anaheim! Yuck! :blink:
              -Wes

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                Welcome to Florida.
                they just hit my area.. not as bad as feburary though...

Originally posted by Wesley815 View Post
                I guess these things...

yep.... you should see the cars in the busy months... lol

they eat mosquitoes... thats why they are here... they just also became a pest once they grew...

Comment

I don't know, Love Bugs seem better than the Mosquito Hawks that I became used to in Northern CA,and they serve the same purpose. Love Bugs look more like earwigs, while Mosquito Hawks look like flying spiders.

Comment

Sounds like you had a great time.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley815 View Post
                      I guess these things...

ok, I am officially grossed out!!! I could not imagine getting all the bugs on my car :eeeeeeee !!!

Comment

they're not THAT bad, although, they'll kill the paint on your car if you leave them there too long. While me and my daughter were in line for the Tricerotops spin in Animal Kingdom....some people started freaking out cause one was flying by them...I don't think they knew what it was.

Comment

WL is great...staying there in the spring and I can't wait. Sounds like you had a good time (and free food also...cool.) Looking forward to your TR.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X