This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting an AP Instead of a Park Hopper

I was planning to get 8 day park hoppers for our trip in November but I noticed that it's about $60 cheaper to get theme park APs. I'm assuming I should just get the APs. Has anyone else done this? Are there any perks to the AP?

Thanks.

Re: Getting an AP Instead of a Park Hopper

Nevermind.
    Last edited by frecky; 12-28-2006, 08:05 AM.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
      Depending on which one you get, you get discounts on food (about 10% I believe) and if you have the most expensive one, I believe you get a discount on merchandise as well.

Did you opt for one?

Oh and another thing I thought of. Will they let you bundle an AP with a vacation package? Or would I have to get them seperately?

Comment

Nevermind.
        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
          Yeah, I have an AP. Mine is the Southern California pass (not select, the other one).
          As for the vacation package, I dont know.

A Southern California pass for Disney World?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
            A Southern California pass for Disney World?
            Wow Im dumb. Haha no. Ignore EVERYTHING I said.
            Last edited by frecky; 12-28-2006, 08:08 AM. Reason: Cause I am dumb and didnt realize it was WDW and not DL. I should learn to read.

Comment

You get hotel room discounts. You get to come back to any amount of trips with in a year for no more money towards tickets and sit down restaurants *some* offer AP discounts.

I always used to do it that way.

Comment

Free parking with the AP and some discounts on merchandise at some locations (I think 10&#37. But if you are already staying at a Disney Hotel you can get the free parking anyways or just use the free transportation.

Really it depends on you travel plans, if you are going to use all 8 days in this one trip and not go back than you may just want the park hopper. If you are going to do the no expiration and can use that ticket over the course of 2 or more years get the hopper, and save money. But if you are going to go more than the 8-10 days in one single year then go with the AP.

For me I found it to be more efficient to get a 10 day no expiration ticket. On my recent trip earlier this month I used my last two days from a ticket I purchased in November 03 and two days from my new ticket. I paid almost the same amount as if I purchased an AP but since I don't live in Florida and don't visit as much as I would like to, I know I can still use my ticket for probably another three years. I would not have that flexibility with the AP.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Since WDW has 4 theme parks the pricing structure is more complex than the Disneyland Resort. Their annual passes range in price from $434 to $559. The 8 day "Magic Your Way" ticket is $212 for one park perday of your ticket. There is an option for a Park Hopper or Water Park Fun option, with more savings if you buy in advance but I don't see on the website where that option to purchace is.

Ok, so I'm a bit confused but to me it looks like you would be better off getting the 8 day passport rather than the annual pass, but in most cases if you are going to be doing the park for multiple days an annual pass makes more sense.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Okay I'm a total dunce. I was looking at the price of the 2 park hoppers. Mods feel free to delete the thread. Sorry if I wasted anyones time.

Comment

Talks about this directly

http://www.allears.net/pl/breakeven.php

(note last updated in Jan tho.. so new pricing may not be reflected. Look at ticket chart for real numbers)

Comment

Excellent article Flynn... thanks for the link!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                          Since WDW has 4 theme parks the pricing structure is more complex than the Disneyland Resort. Their annual passes range in price from $434 to $559
                          YIKES!!!

Yet one more thing that Disneyland is better at.

LOL. Just kiddin' guys...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            I was planning to get 8 day park hoppers for our trip in November but I noticed that it's about $60 cheaper to get theme park APs. I'm assuming I should just get the APs. Has anyone else done this? Are there any perks to the AP?

Thanks.
                            It all depends. I was just at WDW in early December and I chose to get the AP instead of the Park Hopper.

When I was in the final phases of my vacation planning I was looking into Park Hopper prices. We were only going to be ther for 5 days, (4 parks days) and I looked at the Park Hopper price, and I believe it was about $200, I am a DVC member so I looked to see if there were any DVC discounts available. There were none for Park Hoppers, but there were for AP's. We had not yet made summer vacation plans yet, so we thought about it, and decided that if we got APs we could have part of our vacation for summer pre-paid, so we go the APs.

In short, in many cases, the Park Hopper is a good value, but if there is any chance that you can or will make another trip to WDW (even a short, unexpected one) the APs may be a better value. Add up the $$ and Cents and the expected and unexpected and come up with a strategy for park passes, Hoppers vs AP.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
                            -
                            What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

WDW tickets are very difficult to decide on and they are quite expensive. I'm in a similar situation as we need to get more passes, but choosing which one requires seeing into the future.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X