This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dolphin

I was wondering if The Dolphin is worth the money? how does it compare to the west coast hotels? is it equal to grand californian or the disneyland hotel?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Re: The Dolphin

The Dolphin in all aspects is treated as a Westin, except for the fact it includes smoking rooms so they keep the Sheraton brand name. It is the most non-disney hotel on Walt Disney World property. The rooms all feature the Westin Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower. If you are looking for a highly themed experience then you would probably be better off at either the Boardwalk or the Y&B as they offer the same premium location with the Disneyisch design.

If you are looking for a more sophisticated atmoshphere the Dolphin is your best bet

Comment

i just got a great rate there. for some reason i thought it was a disney hotel. will we be able to get to the park easily from there?
      Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Best location in all of Walt Disney World, you are within walking distance to Epcot and Disney MGM Studios, you are adjacent to the Boardwalk entertainment district and across the street from Fantasia Gardens, of course you can also catch the Disney Resort busses to Magic Kingdom, DAK and Downtown Disney every few minutes

Comment

Yes you will. The Swan & Dolphin are on the same bus route as Boardwalk. They are also on the boat stops between boardwalk and MGM.
          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
          I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Really easy to get to the parks from there. AND I think it has the sweet sleeper beds, WHICH ROCK!

We walked from the mini golf course to there and then took the boat to Boardwalk to play at boardwalk then took the boat to MGM, it was really easy.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Never stayed there, but I gotta echo everyone else as far as the location. Close enough to walk to some great places or take the boats. Beer Garden within boating distance. Just sayin.

While we're at it though, if I remember correctly the price you mentioned, there's no way you could do any better at that rate.

Comment

The rooms all feature the Westin Heavenly Bed
                Can't speak for the Dolphin, bit I stayed at the Westin Peachtree Plaza in Atlanta back in 2001 and those beds are to DIE for! Best hotel bed I have EVER slept in.

Comment

Really the only thing you lose by staying at the Dolphin is DME, DDP, and some would say the theming is not quite "Disney" having never stayed there (but planning on it for August), I can't tell you about that. But the location is ideal for Epcot and MGM, and it is easy to find discounted rates for the hotel.

Also just remembered that you can't charge to your hotel room at the S&D in the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom View Post
                    AND I think it has the sweet sleeper beds, WHICH ROCK!
                    As fantastic as the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed is and would put any bed in a Disney operated hotel to shame...you're actually getting a bit better than even that! As TarzanRocked99-06 correctly points out...at the Sheraton Dolphin...you're actually getting the same (and slightly better) Westin Heavenly Bed, just as they have at the Westin Swan.

This makes the Dolphin kinda of a unique fish in the world of Sheratons. But they did this one peculiarity simply as a matter of economics in that with this same bed type at both...they can share laundry, material, and other support services related to the bedding. After all...both the Swan (Westin) and Dolphin (Sheraton) are part of the same Starwood family of hotels and resorts.

Originally posted by TarzanRocked99-06
                    If you are looking for a more sophisticated atmosphere the Dolphin is your best bet
                    Actually, I think the Swan is the more sophisticated of the two. The Dolphin is much bigger, more impersonal, more convention oriented, noisier...than the Swan, IMHO. Both are nice and very similar. But for a more sophisticated (and adult) experience...I'd pick the Swan.

Comment

The only thing I liked about my stay at the Dolphin was the proximity to Epcot and MGM and the beds. It felt very unDisney and I really did not like the service at the Front Desk or Room Service. The beds did rock though!!!
                      I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean.
                      You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket!

~The Vandals "Pirates Life"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X