No announcement yet.

No 'I'm going to Disney World' ads for the 2005 Super Bowl

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 'I'm going to Disney World' ads for the 2005 Super Bowl

Who will announce "I'm going to Disney World!" at the conclusion of Fox's broadcast of Super Bowl XXXIX?

After 19 years, the Magic Kingdom this year is canceling its Super Bowl promotional series in which a star of the game proclaims he's headed next for the Florida theme park.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at

Aww... that's sad! It has become a tradition!

It's funny... you think they could have totally done something awesome with the whole 50th thing... oh well...

Yah they should've just kept what they were doing. it would have been perfect to promote the 50th aniversary. where did you hear about this anyway

p.s. how do u post new threads?
      :evil: x_Stanimal_x :evil:

Well, I think the whole campaign had gotten a little stale, and now is -in fact- the perfect time to retire it .... since I think a declaration of "I'm going to DisneyWorld" during Disneyland's 50th Anniversary celebration would be particularly ill-advised.

(oh, and x_Stanimal_x, you can start new threads by clicking on the "New Thread" button that is at the top left of each main forum screen which lists the various threads in that forum)

How much you want to bet me that somebody says it anyways!!!!! You know that phrase has become TOO much of a tradition for them to pass up!
          Listen to me on the radio!

Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
          Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Nooo... darn.... oh well.. lasted well..

Wonder what they will be doing now??

why are they doing that... its a time honored tradition.

probubly something like "what are you going to next" and the n the player says"were gonna fire eisner yeeeeahhhhh"

Why, simple... money. They have to pay the NFL (since it is filmed at the SUper Bowl), plus the player(s) saying the line, plus the film crew, and of course the air time for the commercials.

They decided they would rather keep running the "Dogs" commercial plugging the WDW discount packages, and the generic 50th Annniversary spots. So the airtime that the SUper Bowl would have gotten, they will instead run the other two spots, plus they saved the cost of filming the third spot.
                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at

but because of the 50th aniversery this would be the perfect time to have those chemercials.

I hope in the interviews whomever the MVP (Hopefully Brady) even with no question, says "I know what i am doing next... I'm going to Universal Studios". I think it would be just desserts for the mouse.

I see no problem with retiring the tradition. It has become kind of stale after all these years. And the 50th is for DisneyLAND and WDW. So, it does seem kind of inappropriate.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.