This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another booking question

I had read somewhere that upon arrival you could request an upgrade from standard to premium and could get it at no extra cost providing the resort isn't full - is this true? has anyone done this?
    šoš Sometimes Patrick, sometimes Karen.
    We'll let you decided who types what šoš

Re: Another booking question

Yes, it's true. We asked at GF and they said that they had a room with a view of the lagoon instead of the courtyard if we wanted it but we were already staying in a room with more space and a seating area so we chose to stay where we were. The extra space was more important to us than the view on this trip. But the CM at check-in was very nice about it. Said she would check, and did check, and was more than willing to do an upgrade. It never hurts to ask!.
    Originally posted by larasound
    am I the burrito man?

Comment

Are you talking about a "standard view" room versus a "premium view" room?
      - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

:ap:

Comment

yes - the bit i read was the the girl had booked into a standard view room and when she got there asked for an up grade - apparently since it was off season they asked if she wanted a pool view or food court access room.

i can't remember which she choose but there weren't any additional charges - meaning she didn't go from standard to premium rate.

the last time we were there in January the resort was pretty dead - we never thought of asking for an upgrade but since we're thinking of a feb trip next year it might be worth asking for it.
        šoš Sometimes Patrick, sometimes Karen.
        We'll let you decided who types what šoš

Comment

Originally posted by cooknthyme View Post
          I had read somewhere that upon arrival you could request an upgrade from standard to premium and could get it at no extra cost providing the resort isn't full - is this true? has anyone done this?

It all depends. As far as I know (and I may be wrong) they are not obligated to do it, but they can do it if they (the CM) so wishes.

I have had CM's at check in that busted their rears for me, finding larger rooms, hadicapped accessable, adjoining, upgraded, and near the food court for me when I had a party of 6 in two room, one of whom used a wheelchair at the time. He basicly gave me a list of options and let me choose.

Other times they have given some effort. Such as - I can't upgrade you, but I can get you closer to the main building.

Other times I have asked and basicaly got a "nope sorry" allmost immediatley. They may have not looked because they did not feel like it, or perhaps they had looked eariler and knew the resort was at capacity.

-dave
          "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
          "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by cooknthyme View Post
            yes - the bit i read was the the girl had booked into a standard view room and when she got there asked for an up grade - apparently since it was off season they asked if she wanted a pool view or food court access room.

i can't remember which she choose but there weren't any additional charges - meaning she didn't go from standard to premium rate.

the last time we were there in January the resort was pretty dead - we never thought of asking for an upgrade but since we're thinking of a feb trip next year it might be worth asking for it.
            This could happen at any hotel anywhere. It's not something peculiar to Disney.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X