Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that were at the Disney Parks?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that were at the Disney Parks?

:blush:Hi, I just had this curious question. I always just wondered whatever happen the TMNT that use to be around the Disney Parks?

Why were they there in the first place too?

(If you know)

I have nevered seen them even at my first visit. Except for the Turtle Van.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MGMTMNT.jpg
    Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Re: Whatever happened to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that were at the Disney Par

I've never heard of this, let alone seen the TMNT there. When?
    A signature should go here.

Comment

Re: Whatever happened to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that were at the Disney Par

Originally posted by Hayley B View Post
      :blush:Hi, I just had this curious question. I always just wondered whatever happen the TMNT that use to be around the Disney Parks?

Why were they there in the first place too?

(If you know)

I have nevered seen them even at my first visit. Except for the Turtle Van.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MGMTMNT.jpg
      I do not think I ever saw them. Do not know the affiliation with Disney, but it would be kewl to have them there...
      Janet
      John 3:16

Comment

Maybe had something to do with the costumes from the movies being Jim Henson creations?

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
          I've never heard of this, let alone seen the TMNT there. When?

I think it was like ten years ago (or even more then that now). Back when they were popular. I remember even seeing them in a Disney Christmas Show onces.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

There is an MGM on the tag, so they might have been at WDW or MGM Studio. I've never seen them at Disneyland. But...

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
              Maybe had something to do with the costumes from the movies being Jim Henson creations?

I think; this is maybe why they were here. Because of the Jim Henson Creations.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                This is the only connection I can come up with as well. Interesting. Maybe someone will come along with photos to share.
                A signature should go here.

Comment

I do remember seeing them at the Disney-MGM Studios a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                    This is the only connection I can come up with as well. Interesting. Maybe someone will come along with photos to share.

That link up there on the top; is how they looked liked at Disney.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by goofgeek View Post
                      I do remember seeing them at the Disney-MGM Studios a few times.

How long ago was that by the way? About 10 years ago or more?

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayley B View Post
                        How long ago was that by the way? About 10 years ago or more?
                        I remember seeing them about '93 or '94, there abouts...

Comment

I never remember them being in the park. I LOVED those guys!

Comment

Yeah; it's a wonder why they sound rare now and I loved them too.

I thought they were known to be around all Disney Parks too.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

http://www.waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id143.htm
                              From the site
                              "Cowabunga dudes! The pizza-eating Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Donatello and Rafael left their sewer and arrived at the Disney/MGM Studios on July 1, 1990 to demonstrate their "heroes in a half shell" turtle power for loyal fans around New York Street. They would arrive in their Turtle Party Wagon, do some karate moves, and then pose for pictures and sign autographs. News reporter and Turtle friend April O'Neil also performed a musical number. The Turtles appeared at the park until at least 1994, maybe even a little later. Their popularity was later eclipsed by other toy-based superheros such as the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers."
                              I think it was only MGM Studios that had the show.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X