This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Meals

I was wondering what you guys feel is the best character dinning at WDW. I personally love Chef Mickey’s. I think the food is decent, but love the atmosphere (2nd to Cinderella’s Castle of course).

Can't beat the atmosphere at Chef Mickey's, but I prefer the castle & Crystal Palace for my character meal buffets. Though most folks like to pick on the food at Cindy's, I actually like what she serves for breakfast.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a :monkey:?

Comment

I thought the food at the castle was decent, but I didn't like the selection. Last time we had a pasta, very tasty, but that to us was the best thing on the menu.

I've heard the breakfast at AK with Donald was pretty nice as well.

Comment

We really really enjoyed Liberty Tree Tavern. Granted we didn't do CRT but Liberty Tree was our favorite even more so than Chef Mickeys.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Holy crap! How did I forget about LTT? I had dinner there Dec 03. OMG, the food was great (the green beans were the best I have EVER had), the characters great, and the atmosphere lovely. I hereby change my vtoe to LTT for best all-around. Only way it could be improved would be to add Mickey.
          -Ann

WDW:
          July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
          Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

Comment

Big thumbs up for both Liberty Tree and Donald's Breakfastosaurus. We've done Breakfastosaurus several times and it's a great way to start the day at AK.

(Sadly, one of my other fave character breakfasts - at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge - is no more)
            Download the latest MousePod - Volume 2 Episode 3

or subscribe via iTunes here

Comment

I've only done Crystal Palace and I like it there alot. The food is always really good and I like the variety. The banana bread pudding with Bailey's sauce I had last time was to DIE for! I'll definitely eat there again.

Comment

Best character meal at WDW is dinner anywhere with my family and I!!!!!

Comment

OOO, so email me and let's figure out when I get my character meal at DL in July, 74!
                  -Ann

WDW:

DLR:

Comment

LTT is soo good...

That even when I was sick with food poisoning (thanks to Something I ate in the AK) I still had a good meal (this was 24 hrs after the major symptoms)

Shame about that trip. No fun being stuck in your room in the hotel while the crew you brought down gets to party and not do any work at the resort

But LTT was a nice highlight of what was a baaaad trip.

Comment

the garden grill at epcot has a great kids selection

Comment

Re: Character Meals

where is the best character breakfast at WDW?
                        Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

:ap: I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land! :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
                          where is the best character breakfast at WDW?
                          I've been to two character meals, and both were for breakfast. The first was Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort back in '93. I'd figured the concept of eating with the characters walking around would be weird, but thought I'd give it a try. It was actually a lot of fun. The buffet was nicely varied to all types of tastes, and the atmosphere, while party like in nature, was low-key.

The other one I've been to is the Pooh character meal at Crystal Palace within Magic Kingdom. I liked this one even more and have eaten breakfast there twice. The restaurant is lovely, the service wonderful. Unlike Chef Mickey's, the atmosphere wasn't party like and the gentility of the Pooh characters fit in nicely with the genteel theming and feel of the restaurant in general. I enjoy a leisurely breakfast and I didn't feel rushed to finish eating there the way I felt at Chef Mickey's.

Comment

For food, it's a tie between Chef Mickey's and the Crystal Palace.
                            For time with characters, Garden Grille wins (although I haven't been to the new Garden Grill)
                            For princesses, I think it's a tie between 1900's Park Fare and Storybook Princess in Norway

-Michael
                            You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

Comment

Liberty Tree Tavern. I had such a fun time on Halloween night when we went.
                              April
                              Someday my prince will come
                              Someday Ill find my love
                              And how thrilling that moment will be
                              When the prince of my dreams comes to be
                              Hell whisper I Love You and steal a kiss or two

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X