X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Wing - GONE

http://allearsnet.com/news/rehabs_pix.htm

It's the end of the era. Demolition has officially started on the North Garden Wing, and the Contemporary Resort maps have been updated to reflect the change. The North Wing will go down with the Court of Flags as a USS modular constructed resort that has been demolished.

On a lighter note, I for one would like to welcome our new DVC overlords.
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 01-30-2007, 10:15 PM.

Re: North Wing - GONE

A moment of silence please.....The Contemporary will never be the same.

North Wing, you will be missed.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
      A moment of silence please.....The Contemporary will never be the same.

North Wing, you will be missed.
      Am I the only one who found these buildings of the Contemp. ugly? Maybe around these parts but someone else must've thought so as they put word in to demolish them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
        Am I the only one who found these buildings of the Contemp. ugly? Maybe around these parts but someone else must've thought so as they put word in to demolish them.
        I admit I didn't like them either - the quality of their construction was much lower than that of the tower itself. The choice of brick over concrete was what really turned me off. That being said, the South wing could easily be saved with some work.

Comment

Yeah, it sure hasn't been peaceful around here (I've been staying at the resort the past few days, you know.)

The people at the Contemporary have been nothing but gracious hosts and having been through Saratoga Springs a number of times I'd say DVC is more themed and more in line with what I'd expect from WDW resorts compared to, say, the condos going up back home.

Basically, I'd sooner take a DVC wing and see money flood into a full refurbishment for this hotel (which I think includes these new, more professional looking rooms) than see no wing and watch the hotel fall into rot and disrepair.

Comment

Hey! A Simpsons reference, right?! (the overlords)
            Kevin Yee
            MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
            Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
            Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
            Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
            Mouse Trap
            Tokyo Disney Made Easy
            101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
            Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow ... coming soon to the Contemporary North.

Comment

Originally posted by drnilescrane View Post
                I admit I didn't like them either - the quality of their construction was much lower than that of the tower itself. The choice of brick over concrete was what really turned me off. That being said, the South wing could easily be saved with some work.
                At least I'm not the only one. I think yoyoflamingo was about to kill me for saying that because of the history and whatnot. But for me, just viewing them with my newer light on WDW, which is often more like an average guest - they're ugly. And since the monorail goes by it from the parking lot - double ugly.

Hides from the :mob: of others who loved the North Wing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                  But for me, just viewing them with my newer light on WDW, which is often more like an average guest - they're ugly. And since the monorail goes by it from the parking lot - double ugly.
                  Now we'll have a view of a construction site.

Comment

What are they building in the North Wing's place?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                      Now we'll have a view of a construction site.
                      That is temporary. The wing was there for years looking like that. So hurry up and finish it!!

Comment

darn, at least i stayed there origially, then bay lake tower, then a big room in the south wing...

i like the resort... its nice.. but thats gotta give me a discount

Comment

To me, the North Wing looked to hotely, if you know what I mean. The buildings did not seem to have any architectual themes.
                          sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                          Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Just hope that the 14 story tower that's being built isn't seen from the middle of Main Street. I am upset not by their look, but because those really are some nice places to stay, secluded from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the Contemporary. Now, there is only 1 wing left to stay in that is cheaper than the out of my price range tower rooms.
                            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                              Just hope that the 14 story tower that's being built isn't seen from the middle of Main Street. I am upset not by their look, but because those really are some nice places to stay, secluded from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the Contemporary. Now, there is only 1 wing left to stay in that is cheaper than the out of my price range tower rooms.
                              I agree. I don't want to see this from Main Street. :croll:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X