Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JR on the attack?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JR on the attack?

    Or just a very late, somewhat savvy move by WDW management to get the 'good Disney sites' (i.e. any site that isn't connected to a Lutz or a Hill) to come around to the company line?

    That's what came to mind when I saw all the 'coverage' of the Disney media whorefest last week. WDW has always steadfastly refused to credential Internet fan sites. Yet, now they apparently welcome them (well, any site that isn't connected to a Lutz or a Hill) . They also seemed to make it a point to have Disney execs, who frequently get ripped online, like Epcot's Brad Rex available for one-on-one interviews with bloggers with good reps like Deb Wills.

    I have to believe it's a calculated move by Jay Rasulo and corporate PR to counteract ... counterattack ... voices that are highly critical of JR and management in general.

    It's just too obvious to be anything else.

  • #2
    Re: JR on the attack?

    MiceAge is primarily a Disneyland-oriented site. Jim Hill is controversial even in these parts because there's a fine line between gossip and lying.

    Disney is one of those Microsoft-style companies that's attacked commonly in the media because it's such an easy target, so to me it seems blatantly obvious they won't return calls to a site that is constantly on the attack. Ever looked at the Disneyland board? On the internet, complaining is job #1.

    I'm totally not shocked that they give an interview to a site that remains mostly neutral about their product.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: JR on the attack?

      Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
      I have to believe it's a calculated move by Jay Rasulo and corporate PR to counteract ... counterattack ... voices that are highly critical of JR and management in general.

      It's just too obvious to be anything else.
      Well, take a good look at that interview Brad Rex granted to Deb Wills. Epcot's 25th anniversary will not be getting an official celebration. Un-freakin-believable! DL and MK received silver anniversary celebrations, why not Epcot?

      Oh, that's right... how silly of me! *slaps forehead*

      Jay Rasulo and his WDW flying monkeys somehow forgot that Epcot's 25th was happening this October when they cooked up their Year of a Million Schemes campaign! And now that it's kinda sorta too late to do anything about it, they're simply going to ignore the anniversary and pretend it isn't happening.




      And let's not overlook the fact that the Imagination rehab plans have been shelved again, possibly for keeps. Fitzgerald apparently convinced Iger that Lasseter and Baxter were out to lunch with this rehab, so it's not going to happen.


      No silver anniversary celebration for Epcot.

      No Imagination rehab, no new 3-D film.

      Looks like my Disney Dreams aren't coming true. :sleep:
      "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: JR on the attack?

        Jim Hill media is as close as you can get to the truth on these sites. There are so many rumors and what not; I think it is more fun to listen to these than to cold facts. It is funny, however, that outsiders thing CM's have all the answers. We don't. We know just as much as you do. In many cases, less.
        Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: JR on the attack?

          Is it really necessary to start two threads about the same thing in different forums?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: JR on the attack?

            Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
            Is it really necessary to start two threads about the same thing in different forums?
            Yes. Because some folks visit one and not the other and may have something worthwhile to contribute.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: JR on the attack?

              Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
              MiceAge is primarily a Disneyland-oriented site. Jim Hill is controversial even in these parts because there's a fine line between gossip and lying.

              Disney is one of those Microsoft-style companies that's attacked commonly in the media because it's such an easy target, so to me it seems blatantly obvious they won't return calls to a site that is constantly on the attack. Ever looked at the Disneyland board? On the internet, complaining is job #1.

              I'm totally not shocked that they give an interview to a site that remains mostly neutral about their product.
              Yep.

              I'm just surprised that it took this long, although Disney (since the mid-90s) has been behind the times on the power of the Internet and sites like this.

              It's just so blatant to those of us who follow the inside goings-on ...
              The Mouse can't shut Lutz or Hill up, so it'll just co-opt the other sites to permeate the web with its message.

              I'd call it brilliant if it was 1999 ... in 2007 it just kinda reeks of desperation.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: JR on the attack?

                I'm not nuts about either of those guys although I (usually) appreciate their efforts. For all the complaining about DL that Al did, he never cared enough about the park's decline to stop renewing that AP. Hill is a great fiction writer it seems but I've read too much that turned out to be false or else he'll simply write about something that happened 60 years ago like he was there, without any sources.

                You make it sound though like it's a crime for them to find someone who is neutral to the resort and have an interview with them. Don't all companies, celebrities, etc do the same thing?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: JR on the attack?

                  Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
                  No silver anniversary celebration for Epcot.

                  No Imagination rehab, no new 3-D film.

                  Looks like my Disney Dreams aren't coming true. :sleep:
                  In the meantime, prices have gone up ..how many times now since last year?? Oh well... maybe you will win a "1st time visit" buttom as part of their dreams campaign.. I founds one of those left in one of the Pooh ride vehicles.. They believe those bribes will make you change your mind about the decline some of us can clearly see.

                  As for WDW1974.. well I agree.. and I personally enjoy it when Disney spies who pose as posters or even magazine editors, get ticked off by the likes of me. That makes it all worth it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: JR on the attack?

                    Jay Rasulo and his WDW flying monkeys somehow forgot that Epcot's 25th was happening this October when they cooked up their Year of a Million Schemes campaign! And now that it's kinda sorta too late to do anything about it, they're simply going to ignore the anniversary and pretend it isn't happening.
                    "EPCOT turns 25 this year and all got was this lousy pin."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: JR on the attack?

                      Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      "EPCOT turns 25 this year and all got was this lousy pin."
                      Personally, I wanted some nice silver ears with the SSE Mickey logo.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: JR on the attack?

                        Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                        Personally, I wanted some nice silver ears with the SSE Mickey logo.
                        Oh sweetie... don't be so sad. I can get you a pair of Silver Ears from TDL's 25th anniversary next year if you'd like...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: JR on the attack?

                          I don't think its fair at all to compare a site like allears to miceage and complain that MiceAge or affliated are being excluded purely on the people. MA is a column. One focused on emmerging news and 'whats wrong' site.. while allears is an all inclusive news, help, about, reviews, trip planning, etc.

                          Comparing something like allears to a columnist site isn't even close.

                          Give us a better comparison like a pure blogger/columnist site that is included, and show us Kevin Yee being excluded.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: JR on the attack?

                            It is wrong that Epot is not getting the 25th year nod. the place is amazing.

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X