No announcement yet.

Baldy & the Beast

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldy & the Beast

ORDDU: Well, I must say!! When a witch goes to a Disney theme park, ducklings, she never knows just what she'll see!! Case in point, this past Saturday--on Memorial Day Weekend--my sisters and I went to Disney M-G-M Studios and dropped in to watch yet another showing of BEAUTY & THE BEAST.

ORWEN: Everything was going along just fine--until Belle lost her HAIR of all things--toward the end of her performance on stage!!!

ORGOCH: Serves her right fer bein' a phony an' wearin' a wig in the first place! What's wrong with her OWN dang hair?

ORWEN: Well, I felt sorry for the girl, myself. There she was--dancing with the Prince--right after he'd left his beastly self behind. Then--during one quick turn--Belle's lovely locks went soaring through the air, only to fall flat on the stage.

ORDDU: Fortunately, one of the male dancers came up behind her and quickly snatched up the wig--before wrapping both Belle and her prince up in that table cloth they always wrap them in, and then rushing the couple up the stairs and off stage--where they become quick change artists into their royal garb.

ORWEN: The audience was well-aware of what was going on, of course, and laughed uproariously at poor Belle's predicament. Since she was wearing a hooded cape, at the time, she quickly lifted it to cover--not only her baldness--but her entire FACE!!

ORDDU: And when she finanally came back on stage--in her gold gown--one could tell she was fighting embarassment. The poor dear.

ORGOCH: Next time she oughtta use SUPER glue ta keep her hair in place! That, er start usin' her OWN dang do fer a change!!

ORWEN: (sigh) I guess even fairy tale personalities have their embarrassing moments.

ORDDU: I wonder if anyone was filming what happened so that it will eventually end up on AMERICA's FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS???????

My nan usually cries her heart out at the show, that would have lifted her up!

October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)

Never underestimate the value of a couple of hairpins...! Thanks for the laugh, Witches!

I heard the same thing happened to Michael Eisner a few years ago (seriously).
        Maybe that's why he dropped the rug!

Originally posted by WDW1974
          I heard the same thing happened to Michael Eisner a few years ago (seriously).
          Maybe that's why he dropped the rug!

ORWEN: Hmmm...I never knew Mr. Eisner tried to play the part of Belle before. But, then, he was always such a 'drag', don't you think?

I'm not sure he ever tried to play the part of Belle, but considering his micro-managing it's possible.

In all seriousness, he was giving a speech somewhere in the late 90s when the 'hair today, in the air tomorrow' deal hit. The rug flew off, like well ... a witch on her broomstick, and soon after ME went with the natural look. 100 percent true!

Ad Widget

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.