This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW's Haunted Mansion Finishes After-hours Rehab

The Haunted Mansion in Walt Disney World has completed its after-hours rehab with no disruption to park guests. This rehab was mainly for the aging doombuggies. They have now been updated and fitted with new speakers and new encasings. The newer encasings are actually mounted over the current seat backs. This is almost impossible to notice. Also, various mechanical parts have been replaced to allow a smoother ride. New numbers have also been attached to the doombuggies.

thanks for the update Will!!! Do you know if HM is going to get the Leota SE's that DL got after the next big refurb?????
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

Very very nice. It's about time they updated those speakers. I'm hoping this means the audio won't be cutting out all over the place anymore? It was getting absolutely terrible.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know if WDW's HM will get the new Disneyland-ish effects, but I'd imagine it would when the ride goes down for an entire year in 2006-2007. (Same kinda thing that Small World is getting right now)

Also, there is talk of re-routing the line cues for the WDW version and removing Fastpass.

No word on HMH... yet.

Comment

I wouldn't want to reroute the lines.. just remove FP....

Comment

I still can't believe how sub-par the HM is here at WDW compared to DL. When I lived in LA I would never miss the HM during my weekly trips, now I rarely ever go on. I just hope they don't add a 'little murphy' to the end of the ride (ala the coming jack sparrow addition to pirates). Glad to hear they fixed the speakers, I'll have to go check that out.

Comment

OMG the new Leota effect at Disneyland is so completely awesome!!!

I hope no other Haunted Mansion ever gets it.

(sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by innerSpaceman
                OMG the new Leota effect at Disneyland is so completely awesome!!!

I hope no other Haunted Mansion ever gets it.

(sorry)
                Share the love! Don't be stingy!

Comment

Don't be STINGY iSm!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nope, I hate ride clones. There should at the least be subtle differences between versions. And, in fact there are. That's a good thing.

Our new Leota in California just made that a better thing.

Comment

We still need better special effects in our. The original ones are starting to get boring, Maybe different SEs from the ones that DL has to offer, but still new ones for us at WDW to enjoy!

Comment

HM as bad as ever

I read on this site that the mansion just underwent extensive overnight Doombuggy refurbs...fixing the audio and such. Just took a spin on it today to see if there was a difference and the audio seemed to cut out even more. When it didnt cut out, it was as harsh and crackly as ever.

when the ghost host is supposed to say, "shhhhhh, listen". It sounds like, "SHHHFGGJEJNFJKDKSKHJPPPHHHNCRRGGHHH, listen".

(Threads Merged "HM as bad as ever" and "WDW's Haunted Mansion Finishes After-hours Rehab". - Dusty)
                        Last edited by Dustysage; 02-01-2005, 08:28 PM. Reason: Threads Merged

Comment

Aww... that's a shame... I wonder why all the work if it didn't yield any results? I suppose we'll see eventually...

Comment

I didn't hear about any work being done. :confused:

Maybe they didn't fiddle at all with the speakers or audio and they're just worse than ever?? It was pretty bad when I rode in the begining of January. An audio overhaul would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by innerSpaceman
                              Nope, I hate ride clones. There should at the least be subtle differences between versions. And, in fact there are. That's a good thing.

Our new Leota in California just made that a better thing.
                              well we'll always have the photo effect

how about we consider giving WDWers a copy of our Leota effect if we can get us an upgraded Load area scene (and possibly a Leota tombstone)
                              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X