This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters Inc Comedy Club - Interior Photos and Video

Ok, normal disclaimer applies.. if you don't want to see the inside before you go.. don't read this thread

When I was in the MK last week, they were running previews in the afternoon. Earlier in the day, no sign of activity, but around 3:30 or so we found them filling the queue.. so we dashed over and made our way in.

The outer queue is only decorated in vinyl hanging banners. The are hung from the ceiling and on the walls. This is the most disappointing part of the attraction in terms of maintaining a standard IMO. We never stopped moving through the queue, so I didn't have my camera out yet, and didn't get a clear shot. So this one is very blurry, but at least shows you what I'm referring to

After this switchback space.. you enter a long hallway where you see a video prior to entering the the theatre. In the outter queue, the signs talk about sending your joke suggestions via SMS for inclusion in the show. Once in the inner hallway, they give you some additional details on what to do.

Screens showing details about texting in your jokes

Some of the theming elements...

Next.. we enter the theatre.. sorry for the blur

The scream canister.. modified now to collect laughs..

This shot shows the front stage area. There is a center screen, flanked by screens on each side. The left screen is where Roz comes up.. and the camera that is used on the audience is shown. The right screen is used as part of the show as well. You can see the club 'lamps' that are in the seating area mentioned in TDLFAN's write-up. This shot is as one of the 'acts' are up.

Roz chiming in...

Dark shot of the 'act'

Here's a view of the audience camera up. This is the guy they kept referring back to in my show

and finally.. here are some short videos of the actual show. Video one is just some back and forth between Roz and Mike and the second Video is a short clip from another one of the acts.

Enjoy
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjWn7mNCcW4[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOY5F3wt41Q[/youtube]

Re: Monsters Inc Comedy Club - Interior Photos and Video

Thanks for the review and images and video!! I hope it's a lot funnier than those clips because that was AWFUL. Bad impersonations too.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Luckily the videos didn't show where the animation was really bad. They had glitches in the very start where Mike came out.. but that was the only major one. When he was on the side screen, things were better then when they animated him on the main screen. For some reason his character was really bad, where the other characters were much smoother.

Comment

When I attended a few weeks ago, the animation was bad and the jokes weren't that funny. I was hoping they were just perfecting and tuning the show, but maybe not.

Also, the time I attended, I was "that guy" as mentioned above. They kept shining a light on me and putting a video of me up on the screen and finishing off some joke by referring to "That Guy" ("... but not like That Guy" ha ha). I thought it was a fluke when it happened to me. Must be a standard part of the show.

Comment

video!!!

i only herd audio from the earlier hows... really bad.

well, looks cheesy still... maybe it might be better in person.

i thought no photos or video was allowed yet, yet their was a bright flash in one of those videos...

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
            Thanks for the review and images and video!! I hope it's a lot funnier than those clips because that was AWFUL. Bad impersonations too.
            The longest of those two clips were just 26 seconds of a 15 minute show. I've seen the show a few times and those clips seemed like a second. And both of those clips didn't show the jokes. You know that you REALLY want to hate an attraction if you can say 40 seconds of video were awful and not funny. (Nothing against you, just wanted to post how silly that is.)
            WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

Comment

I guess he didn't file his paperwork to make the show funny...
              -Dr. Nigel Channing
              "We don't know anything... that can't be imagined."

"Keep Moving Forward"

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                i thought no photos or video was allowed yet, yet their was a bright flash in one of those videos...
                No annoucements were made in the preshow or show.. that is why I took both photos and video (of course no flash). But a CM did ask me to stop during the show and that's why those two short clips are all I have.

Comment

Originally posted by EpcotServo View Post
                  The longest of those two clips were just 26 seconds of a 15 minute show. I've seen the show a few times and those clips seemed like a second. And both of those clips didn't show the jokes. You know that you REALLY want to hate an attraction if you can say 40 seconds of video were awful and not funny. (Nothing against you, just wanted to post how silly that is.)
                  If you can honestly convince yourself that all the comments so far have 'missed the best part of the show' please tell us what that is. Because none of it was anything more then 'cute' and if a regular standup guy was up there trying the same lines.. no one would ever come back. The closest to funny was the 2 headed monster.. and its only marginal.

They need to hire some real comedic talent to run it. Heck, the street performers (like Capt Jack) are infinitely more funny then this 'comedy club'

Comment

That looked bad. I really hope that thing stays in Florida. The dubbing seems worse than the joke.

Comment

Yeah I think I'll be passing on that one. I'm very picky about how I like my comedy.

Comment

I missed that window when I went...that is cool...I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                          If you can honestly convince yourself that all the comments so far have 'missed the best part of the show' please tell us what that is. Because none of it was anything more then 'cute' and if a regular standup guy was up there trying the same lines.. no one would ever come back. The closest to funny was the 2 headed monster.. and its only marginal.

They need to hire some real comedic talent to run it. Heck, the street performers (like Capt Jack) are infinitely more funny then this 'comedy club'
                          Again, I'm done fighting about this show. But you do know that pretty much all of them were Comedians at the Pleasure Island Comedy Club and/or street actors at WDW, right? And I wasn't saying that those aren't showing the best part of the show. Just that you can't judge this show by a clip of Mike saying "You guy's think I'm funny right?" (Applause), and a Monster walking on the stage (Applause). If you've seen the show and hate it, that's fine for you. I was just pointing out how silly that it was saying that it was awful just from those clips that are barely 40 seconds of a 15 minute show. (And most of those seconds are applause.) And you've got to remember, each show is diffrent. I've been ones that were only OK, but then there's been a few shows where I was laughing so hard I almost fell off my seat. But, again, I'm done fighting about this show. Because everyone's going to hate it anyways. (I wonder what this thread would be like if it were instead the Chicken Little Bumper cars that was rumored to go there!)
                          )
                          WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

Comment

Originally posted by EpcotServo View Post
                            If you've seen the show and hate it, that's fine for you. I was just pointing out how silly that it was saying that it was awful just from those clips that are barely 40 seconds of a 15 minute show. (And most of those seconds are applause.)
                            You forget people posting their opinions (we've had dozens now) from their OWN experiences of the show as well.. not just from the clips I posted. People are also basing on the established views of regulars who have seen the show and posted details.

Sorry you don't agree.. but this one is a flop so far.

Comment

Why on Earth did they ever take out The Timekeeper? For this? :croll:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X