No announcement yet.

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrowland

Does anybody know why Tomorrowland was never finished when it was redone in the 90s?

I take it you mean that the back areas remained basically the same? It's true, barely any of the architecture or color changed, and I suppose budget cuts are the answer...and if i am correct, I think it was redone in 1995.

I'm not sure what you mean "not finished" when it was redone. I think the only reason it seems unfinished now is becuase of the closure of Carousel of Progress, Timekeeper, as well as the removal of the Skyway.

Take a closer look, Crispy. The redone look of T-Land only goes to the Peoplemover platform, everything else was pretty much left in its old state of theming/paint schemes etc ...

It would have been so much better had they redone all of tomorrowland and not just the entrance plaza up to teh peoplemover. It does look awesome coming into tomorrowland. However, once past the PeopleMover it's kinda the same old tommorrowland. And then dumping that arcade/gift shop next to Space Mountain destroys it. Makes Space Mountain entryway very cramped with teh fast pass machines and all

Also, Carousel of Progress has not yet closed. Let's not kill her off even before Disney finally does it, eh?

July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a :monkey:?

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                Does anybody know why Tomorrowland was never finished when it was redone in the 90s?
                It was finsihed, it just looks that way.
                "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

According to MousePlanet, they're working on replacing seats int he COP theatre on a rotating basis to keep the attraction open. They also mentioned the exterior of the building to get some work at some point as well. I sure hope so.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.