Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a bug biting Mosquito situation during the Summer July days of WDW?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a bug biting Mosquito situation during the Summer July days of WDW?

I've never been to WDW during the summer, first time there during the hot months.

Will I need bug spray or whatever you put on your skin to keep bugs away when I go to WDW this July?

Any horror stories with WDW and bugs biting?

Re: Is there a bug biting Mosquito situation during the Summer July days of WDW?

We try not to go during July but as best as I can remember, mosquitoes aren't too much of a problem. Have bug spray just in case-it is Florida.

I think WDW does something to keep the bugs away.

Comment

Re: Is there a bug biting Mosquito situation during the Summer July days of WDW?

We were there in early July of 05' and the anticipated bug problem never materialized at all.

The heat and humidity problem did, though.

Comment

Mosquitos are attracted to me like opposite poles repel. I have never had a problem with these bugs at WDW. They do spray insecticide to control the mosquito population as they do in my area.
        sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
        Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

I think the only bug situation that there is in Florida is a love bug one. :cwink:

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
            I think the only bug situation that there is in Florida is a love bug one. :cwink:
            that's a seasonal thing...but i do say they're worse this year...

Comment

We were there in July last year and i had three bug bites! That's it. Bugs LOVE me!! We stayed at Port Orleans right on the river and didn't experience any bugs!!!
              ^v^Pamela^v^

Comment

bugs dont seem to be a problem in the parks, but do expect some bites when outside the park (i.e. resorts, off-property, etc...).

The love bugs are a much worse problem....while they dont bite, they are numerous!! very numerous....they will bother you....you almost cant walk 5 feet without almost swallowing one!! theyre the true pests
                sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Originally posted by cyre View Post
                  that's a seasonal thing...but i do say they're worse this year...
                  Don't get me started on those little pests. My car was covered with them by the time I got back from WDW the other weekend. I got my car washed last Saturday and even a trip through that couldn't get all the lovebug splatter off my windshield! I had to go out with window cleaner and about kill my arm to get the rest. Between those little PITA's and yellow tree crap that's everywhere in the spring.... GAAAH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Junk View Post
                    The love bugs are a much worse problem....while they dont bite, they are numerous!! very numerous....they will bother you....you almost cant walk 5 feet without almost swallowing one!! theyre the true pests
                    Do they taste like chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      Don't get me started on those little pests. My car was covered with them by the time I got back from WDW the other weekend. I got my car washed last Saturday and even a trip through that couldn't get all the lovebug splatter off my windshield! I had to go out with window cleaner and about kill my arm to get the rest. Between those little PITA's and yellow tree crap that's everywhere in the spring.... GAAAH!!!
                      This is so true, I had to get my car washed on Tuesday because I had about a million of them in my front grill. Evil little suckers, I can't wait for them to leave.

Looked like this...

But no, mosquitoes shouldn't be a problem but I would bring bug spray just in case.

Comment

We've been down to WDW from the Boston area many times in the July/August timeframe and never had problems with bugs. Sure there were some there but not biting and not mosquitos. We have a bigger problem with that up here during the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by herb2linda View Post
                          Do they taste like chicken?

yes....yes they do!
                          sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                          Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X