Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

    Hi everyone! First time poster, long time reader of Mice Chat! I've searched the forums, with no results. Can I please ask for your help?

    We are hoping to take advantage of the special package with free Dining in September. Ideally, we will be visiting the parks over 7 days, so a 7 day base ticket will be bought.

    I have another trip planned with family next February, where we will probably visit the parks over 6-7 days. So I'm looking at approximately 14 days between the two visits.

    My question is this: Can I get the package with free dining in September, and upgrade to AP at some point during the visit? Or can someone suggest something else?

    I appreciate your time! Thanking you all in advance.

    Angela

  • #2
    Re: Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

    With an Annual Pass you can get what is known as a Disney Dining Experience card that might be worth looking into for Trip #2.
    Here is a link with lots of info:
    http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

      Originally posted by Lalaboops View Post
      Hi everyone! First time poster, long time reader of Mice Chat! I've searched the forums, with no results. Can I please ask for your help?

      We are hoping to take advantage of the special package with free Dining in September. Ideally, we will be visiting the parks over 7 days, so a 7 day base ticket will be bought.

      I have another trip planned with family next February, where we will probably visit the parks over 6-7 days. So I'm looking at approximately 14 days between the two visits.

      My question is this: Can I get the package with free dining in September, and upgrade to AP at some point during the visit? Or can someone suggest something else?

      I appreciate your time! Thanking you all in advance.

      Angela
      Yes you can.

      In fact I just talked to a reservation person about this last week. I have almost the same situation. I am an AP holder, but will be going down in September with some friends.

      In order to get the 5 days or so of FREE meal plans (Free is worth it to me, otherwise go with the DDE) I will be buying a one day pass, which I will not use, but will allow me to get the free dining plan (for all 5 days).

      Next year in Feburary, when I renew my AP, I will bring along the UNUSED one day pass and apply the dollar value (purchase price, not current value) to the cost of renewing my AP.

      You can do the same thing. What you need to do is buy the 7 day ticket (or heck even a one day, the total cost works out the same) DO NOT USE THE TICKET. Do not enter the park, go to guest relations outside the park or at the TTC and then have them upgrade your ticket to an AP. You will get full credit for the price you paid for the ticket. If you were to use the ticket, the value of the days you have used will be deducted from the credit you get.


      This may seem a bit confusing. Here are the keys to understanding it.

      Buying a package consisting of a room and a park ticket is what entitles you to the free dining plan

      The number of free days you get depends on the length of your hotel stay - NOT on the length of your park ticket.

      So, If you are going for 7 days, all you need to do is buy a one day pass (that makes it a package) and as long as you are staying at a WDW property for 7 days, you will get 7 days of free food.

      -dave




      -dave
      Last edited by Phonedave; 06-01-2007, 11:28 AM.
      "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
      "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

        Thank you, both, for your responses. They've definitely given me more to think about.

        Dave, I think I understand how it works:

        I will be sharing a room with 2 other people in September. If we keep it simple, and book the room and 7-day passes for 3, I should have no problems upgrading to an AP alone before entering the park. At this point, the rest of my party are unsure if they will be revisiting in January, so an AP may not be needed for them.

        Again... I appreciate all your time and effort to answer.

        Angela

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

          Originally posted by Lalaboops View Post
          Thank you, both, for your responses. They've definitely given me more to think about.

          Dave, I think I understand how it works:

          I will be sharing a room with 2 other people in September. If we keep it simple, and book the room and 7-day passes for 3, I should have no problems upgrading to an AP alone before entering the park. At this point, the rest of my party are unsure if they will be revisiting in January, so an AP may not be needed for them.

          Again... I appreciate all your time and effort to answer.

          Angela
          Exactly, however if the other people start using their tickets, they will get less credit for them if they decide to upgrade them.

          -dave


          And if you do get an AP, as the other posted said, look into the Disney Dining Experence for you next visit. In a nutshell its a discount card that is good of a LOT of dining options.

          -dave
          "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
          "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

            Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
            Exactly, however if the other people start using their tickets, they will get less credit for them if they decide to upgrade them.

            -dave


            And if you do get an AP, as the other posted said, look into the Disney Dining Experence for you next visit. In a nutshell its a discount card that is good of a LOT of dining options.

            -dave
            Good point! We'll keep that in mind when it comes time to leave.

            Thank you for your help with this. I'm looking forward to getting back to WDW, as it will be 4 years since I visited last.

            Angela

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

              Hmm do they do less credits or do they do like DL and simply start the AP the day you started using the ticket.
              ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

                Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
                Hmm do they do less credits or do they do like DL and simply start the AP the day you started using the ticket.

                Good question, I'm not sure, as I never used the PH tickets - just "cashed them in"

                If you had one that expired, I wonder if you could back it up to the use date and get credit for it. I would think not, but stranger things have happend.

                -dave
                "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

                  I'm not sure, but I bet Phonedave will let us know once he tries. All the same that is good information for those of us looking at the dining plan. I do know that if you try to modify your ticket - such as adding on the non-expiration option to MYW you have to pay for the full number of days, not just the days left.


                  Welcome to MiceChat! I hope you post more and I hope you have lots of fun on your trips Angela!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Magic Your Way Base Ticket Upgrade to AP?

                    Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                    Welcome to MiceChat! I hope you post more and I hope you have lots of fun on your trips Angela!
                    Thank you! I just finished booking rooms at Pop Century. We ended up getting 2 rooms. This will be the first time staying on-site, so I'm very excited. The September deal was too good to pass up. My brother-in-law is planning the trip as a surprise for my sister. It's going to be tough to keep this secret!!

                    I have visited Disneyland a few times in the last year. It will be nice to visit WDW for a change.

                    The countdown begins.....

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X