Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

    Yeah. It's big.

    Yeah. It's ugly.

    But it comes with pixie dust and a certificate of authenticity. (oh, and you pay the shipping, naturally)

    And since John Stamos likely can't afford it after the divorce settlement, it can be yours because ... drum roll, please ...

    As of this fall, that hideous monstrosity that has tarnished the grandeur of SSE since 1999 will be headed to the trash heap of history.

    Yep. This time it's more than rumor.

    The wand is coming down.

    Siemens has hated it from the start. The only way they wanted it was if their name (honestly) was what was on the sign. You knew Disney wasn't going for that.

    So it's coming down ... about seven years too late, but at least it is.

    When SSE comes back from its major redo this fall, look for the original sleek look.

  • #2
    Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

    Hurray! :yea:
    ~ Tokyo DisneySeas Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

      :yea: :yea: :thumbup:


      Scary though is, somebody would want it, as I have met people who think the wand is "great"!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

        I was there when the wand went up in Sept of 1999. I was also there when they changed the sign from 2000 to EPCOT. It was kind of neat to witness both. I doubt I'll be there to see it come down. I'll miss it, but I don't mind that it is going at all. Still I wish they would take it and the Sorceror Mickey Hat from the Studios and put them together, Maybe replace the pin store in Downtown Disney.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

          It's about time! I am a little in shock. I thought that thing would be hung their until it rusted into nothing. It is ironic that it was not Disney who wanted it down, but a sponsor. Finally someone has some good taste.
          Jiminy Cricket Fan
          .................................

          Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

            I don't think there's enough smileys to express how happy I am that its coming down!!

            :yea::yea::yea::yea::yea:
            :yea::yea::yea::yea::yea:
            :yea::yea::yea::yea::yea:
            x infinity

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

              DO you have a source? I am afraid to get my hopes up.
              "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
              I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

                Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                Yep. This time it's more than rumor.

                The wand is coming down.
                This should be interesting...



                I wonder if Siemens wants to sponsor The Great Movie Ride so that we can see the theatre again and not the hat? :croll:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

                  Originally posted by ragrobyn View Post
                  DO you have a source? I am afraid to get my hopes up.
                  Yes.

                  Someone on the inside who I happen to trust.

                  Trust very much.

                  But I understand your concerns. I too wondered if this day would ever come.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

                    all i can say is.....its about time!!!

                    though it would be funny to see a giant sign on top of SSE that says Siemens lol !!
                    sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!


                    Originally posted by TheRockr
                    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

                      Good riddance................



                      About Time...................



                      'nuff said.
                      Last edited by SplashMtn; 06-02-2007, 01:18 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

                        But I wanted a BIGGER, STRONGER, TALLER, BOLDER, BRIGHTER Wand to replace the little one on Spaceship Earth!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

                          when it was announced that the leave a legacy kiosk was being removed as part of the makeover I figured it was only a matter of time. why would siemens put so much money into redoing and upgrading the attraction, only to have that eyesore on top? i hope it all goes, the wand, the name and all the stars. spaceship earth would then have a nice clean look.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

                            It's about time.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Slightly used wand for sale ... not cheap

                              Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                              Yeah. It's big.

                              Yeah. It's ugly.

                              But it comes with pixie dust and a certificate of authenticity. (oh, and you pay the shipping, naturally)

                              And since John Stamos likely can't afford it after the divorce settlement, it can be yours because ... drum roll, please ...

                              As of this fall, that hideous monstrosity that has tarnished the grandeur of SSE since 1999 will be headed to the trash heap of history.

                              Yep. This time it's more than rumor.

                              The wand is coming down.

                              Siemens has hated it from the start. The only way they wanted it was if their name (honestly) was what was on the sign. You knew Disney wasn't going for that.

                              So it's coming down ... about seven years too late, but at least it is.

                              When SSE comes back from its major redo this fall, look for the original sleek look.
                              YOU BETTER BE RIGHT ABOUT THIS!!!!!!

                              If the wand comes down there is no question in my mind that they will remove those ugly Leave a Legacy tombstones shortly thereafter. Those pictures people bought could easily moved to a more a tasetful area somewhere else at Epcot Center (Perhaps on a wall in World Showcase or inside one of the Communicore buildings?).

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X