This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay Days 2007

http://www.gaydays.com/http://www.onemightyweekend.com/http://www.mousesavers.com/dvc.htmlhttp://gaylife.about.com/od/gaypride/a/pride2007.htm

Re: Gay Days 2007

I went to my first GayDays at WDW this year. My experience was kind of the opposite... I spent time mostly in the parks and didn't get to any of the other events. I didn't even get a chance to stop by the Royal Plaza for the expo or anything. I'm glad to hear you had fun at the parties.

The trip was kind of odd for me because a friend of mine was supposed to come out from L.A. and meet me for GayDays, but canceled at the last minute when I was already in Orlando. I didn't have any plans in place and thought I would play it by ear (I also took a short trip down to Miami Beach to see a friend during the week). I ended up hanging out with the MC gang (several MiceChatters came out from L.A., check out the TR threads in this forum) and had a blast, so I really was content to just hang out in the parks this year.

Hopefully I'll make it to some of the other events in the future. I didn't even get to go to P-House, and that was something I was planning on... I heard it's fun. Blame those MiceChatters... I was having so much fun with them I forgot about everything else!! )

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on "Tarzan". I'm going to NY next week for NYC Pride and was planning on catching up on some Broadway shows. This one I can avoid! (although remembering the DAK version I probably wouldn't have gone anyway!)
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 06-10-2007, 08:22 PM.
    --Jonathan

Comment

We are a married (yes we can marry in Canada) couple from Calgary. We have a lot of fun at DL as it is and we are not sure how attending on one of the Gay Days would add to the fun. These are unofficial days from the Disney perspective so I guess there is no advantage (e.g. early admission, reduced rates) to make it worth the planning.

I would be interested in what people think about the benefit of Gay Days. Perhaps we should plan around that next year but remain undecided.

Comment

Hi Clagary - I highly recommend it - as it is PRIDE for Orlando (not Disney) and the events are all over. We noticed that a GAYS DAYS trip seems more focused on off-site (non-Disney) events.

It is a blast and the one day we *all* get together in the park is Sat. There is a TON on red shirts. Now THAT is a real "Disney Gay 'ole time". And if you do the Beach Ball and One Mightly Party at MGM then you would really get a GREAT GAY DISNEY specific experience. Those parties are well worth it.

I like Beach Ball better and chosen to no longer to the MGM party (I did it three yrs in a row) in favor of going to the Parliment House in Orlando. A great time and great value. You need a car.

The host hotels have pool parties with DJ;s and the hotels are right on Hotel Plaza BLVD in Downtown Disney so it *almost* like being on property.

Check out the web links I put in my report for more info.

I mean .. we get 135 THOUSDAND people for Orlando PRIDE !!! it is WONDERFUL.

Also - congrats on the marriage. I am happy for you and proud of CANANDA for not being bigots like our country.

Comment

You are all making me wish I hopped a plane to my friend's house for that weekend. I miss working entertainment for Gay Days. I still to this day say the best MK parade ever was the first year we had show stops and stopped in front of the castle. The Cinderella Court dancers couldn't wait to pull people out of the audience to dance with. I was too short to be a dancer so I was always furry for the parade. I was on the first float and ended up dancing with a man and a woman, both in tutus, Minnie ears and wands. I am straight but I loved every minute of it.

Comment

so its pretty much a brokeback mountain festival
            sigpic

Denver Nuggets Baby

Comment

I wouldn't say that. It is an event that is not sponsored by Disney and it happens only once a year. A lot of people from all over the country getting together to have fun at one of the best theme parks around.

Comment

Thanks fr the review. We hope to join "our tribe" again next year for the festivities.

Comment

Dennis! Fabulous trip report and thanks for commenting on the fact that is not just gays at WDW but all over town.. where at times, a greater time can be had off WDW property than on... Hope your two friends from town didn't slow you down while you were here...

Comment

Very nice report. I always wanted to go to Typoon Lagoon especially for Beach Ball but always figured it would be too much like a well... a circuit party. Next time I get to got to Gay Days in Orlando I will really try and make it to this event.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Hey TDLFAN! Loved spending time with you and GFAN. We had a blast.

Hey Disney Magic - trust me, Beach Ball is a blast. Everyone is running around enjoying the park and going on the slides, etc. The lazy river is a blast .. (MARCO ... "HOMO") ... and the music is there to dance a bit. We also had pizza and drinks. the Food Stands and and gift shop is open too.

Trust me, we went to the Unvisersal Hard Rock party and walked out after 15 min. Now THAT was sheer circuit party hell. We had no use for that place. Beach Ball is the best and even the MGM party is good. It's just that Beach Ball is better.

Go to the Parliment House for the parties. Now THOSE are freakin AWESOME!!!

Hey Jonathan - we are going to NYC too. Try and watch some of the parade on 5th ave near the library. That is where the commentators are MC-cing. Of course, you have to walk downtown as well.

Comment

Thanks for the TR!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X