This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW Theme Park Merchandise at WalMart

An interesting article in the Orlando Sentinel today indicates that a new WalMart that just opened near WDW will be carrying Disney Park merchandise

"The Wal-Mart Supercenter that opens today on Turkey Lake Road is a radical departure from the big blue box with the giant red-and-blue signs that have long been company trademarks ... And it has a Disney Shop that carries theme-park merchandise ..."

I am curious to know if this is a Disney authorized shop with official park items.
    If anyone knows for sure feel free to post or if anyone from the area would like to stop in and report your findings, that would be great and of course pics would just be icing on the cake.

See the complete article here:
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...adlines-orange
    Last edited by tjcjr; 06-13-2007, 11:47 AM.

Re: WDW Theme Park Merchandise at WalMart

Is Turkey Lake Road near WDW? I thought it was about 15 minutes north on I-4
    sigpic
    When attractions were original

Comment

Originally posted by SciFi96 View Post
      Is Turkey Lake Road near WDW? I thought it was about 15 minutes north on I-4
      According to mapquest it's approx 15 miles away and considering that I live in the NE and drive to WDW, I would definitely consider anything within a 15 mile radius of WDW to be 'near' indeed

Comment

Wal-Mart is the spawn of the devil.

Comment

I'm going there right now, I'll let you know what I find!
          -Bill

Comment

There is nothing there from the theme parks except the balloons. They also sell Disney Tickets at a kisok in the Disney Section of the store. I wasn't impressed with the Disney Section, but wow, that is the best Wal-Mart I've ever been to. It's also 24 hours. That's my new local Wal-Mart! (Though I've never been the biggest Wal-Mart fan, this one is very nice)
            -Bill

Comment

The Wal-Marts in the nicer sections of town are usually better kept up than the more "ghetto" ones. I feel I need to shower after going to those.

Comment

Originally posted by tjcjr View Post
                According to mapquest it's approx 15 miles away and considering that I live in the NE and drive to WDW, I would definitely consider anything within a 15 mile radius of WDW to be 'near' indeed
                I love it how the press will make WDW the center of the freaking Universe in regards to anything found in Orlando.. The truth is.. this particular Wal-Mart store on Turkey Lake Road is closer in distance to Sea World and Universal Florida that it really is to WDW. Now, how come they won't have a Sea World and Universal dept in it??? Oh I forgot, Disney has now sold their sold to the devil... In fact, I believe the WalMart at the corner of Road 535 and the Osceola Parkway *is* the closest WalMart to WDW.

WDW1974... any comments on this issue???

And Bill.... how could you????

Comment

Isn't it about time a Wal*Mart set up shop on Main Street? It just seems like a Wal*Mart would be a lot more relevent to today's kids than all those confusing, busy facades.

Comment

Main Street is a Wal-Mart.
                    -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      I love it how the press will make WDW the center of the freaking Universe in regards to anything found in Orlando.. The truth is.. this particular Wal-Mart store on Turkey Lake Road is closer in distance to Sea World and Universal Florida that it really is to WDW. Now, how come they won't have a Sea World and Universal dept in it??? Oh I forgot, Disney has now sold their sold to the devil... In fact, I believe the WalMart at the corner of Road 535 and the Osceola Parkway *is* the closest WalMart to WDW.

WDW1974... any comments on this issue???

And Bill.... how could you????

Any comments?

Hmm ... first, I 'splained to Young Bill about the evils of WalMart. He knows he should shop at Target or Walgreen's or Publix ... or anywhere that isn't WalMart.

It is an evil cancer that is destroying the American worker, sending jobs out of this country and making slave-labor profittable in underdeveloped countries.

I firmly believe nothing says trash quite like WalMart, no matter how nice this new 'concept store' is.

I remember walking thru the very first WalMart SuperCenter in Tulsa, OK years ago when I didn't know any better and thinking how cool it was and how it had everything you could possibly need as far as basics go.

I've changed.

WalMart hasn't.

Fancy store with a Disney ticket office or not.

But this is good business sense since WDW has been actively working to WalMart their product since the late 90s.

Comment

There will be a Disney Store within a store.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

There will be a Disney Store within a store.
                          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                            Any comments?

Hmm ... first, I 'splained to Young Bill about the evils of WalMart. He knows he should shop at Target or Walgreen's or Publix ... or anywhere that isn't WalMart.
                            Well, in that case, you'll be happy to know that I didn't buy a thing. I just went to check out the new store. And okay, I did buy something. But it was from the McDonald's inside the Wal-Mart. I couldn't resist. I wanted a hot fudge sundae. (Hey, it was a dollar, not like the normal menus in a Wal-Mart that cost a lot more! lol)
                            -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              There is nothing there from the theme parks except the balloons. They also sell Disney Tickets at a kisok in the Disney Section of the store. I wasn't impressed with the Disney Section, but wow, that is the best Wal-Mart I've ever been to. It's also 24 hours. That's my new local Wal-Mart! (Though I've never been the biggest Wal-Mart fan, this one is very nice)
                              Thanks Bill!! Sorry to hear there wasn't more to it but at the same time I am relieved cause personally, I'd prefer to only see official park merchandise sold at an actual Disney park (or the Character Warehouse). Your prompt investigation is much appreciated. Based on your WalMart report though I will definitely check it out when we are down in July since we usually go to the other WalMart to stock up on goodies and such for our stay.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X