This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Soarin' Queue

To any and all micechatters - How is work going on the new Soarin' queue? Any progress there? Feel free to post pics if you get some.

Re: New Soarin' Queue

I found some pics here but not a lot to see:
    http://www.screamscape.com/html/ep_-_soarin_0.htm

Comment

Looks like someone broke out the Erector Sets.

Comment

/\ HAHA that's funny because apparently the first model of the ride system was made with an erector set
        (It was on Modern Marvels)

Comment

I hope the screens with the trivia on it remains...that was actually pretty educational and fit the epcot theme.

Comment

The line didn't need to be improved or changed. They needed to get rid of fastpass to avoid the huge backups.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              The line didn't need to be improved or changed. They needed to get rid of fastpass to avoid the huge backups.
              Totally. I lucked out the one time I braved the line to ride it as I was by myself and they needed a single rider to fill in an empty space. So my wait was 10 minutes instead of 45.

Comment

an update from Screamscape:

The latest rumors about the Soarin’ queue are interesting. Our sources say that the old giant still pictures are being replaced with projection screens to be used with a series of new video projectors installed throughout the queue. From the sound of things, a couple of Cast Members will be working the queue and running some kind of interactive game that will use the screens to entertain the guests.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                  Totally. I lucked out the one time I braved the line to ride it as I was by myself and they needed a single rider to fill in an empty space. So my wait was 10 minutes instead of 45.
                  Nearly every time I've ridden Soarin I've been by myself, and almost every time as soon as I pass the "merge" point, and go either to the left or right, a CM comes up looking for a single rider. I always wait to see if there are any before me, but there never have been, so I always get to skip that last part of the line. Woohoo!
                  ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X