This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute WDW

Since im leaving tomorrow i thought i would ask some last minute question(s) plural becauase im sure i'll think of more as the day goes by. First one at MGM Indy Stunt show worth it for a first time. The thousands of times i been, never have i gone on it.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Re: Last Minute WDW

First off it is a choreographed show that is enjoyed by scores of people daily and I will admit up front that I am not one of those. I saw it once and that was sufficient.
    If you saw the 'Raiders' movie then you will immediately recognize the stunts performed such as the large rock ball rolling towards Indy and the spikes that come out of the ground as well as the final climactic fight scenes involving the truck and the plane. If you are a huge Indy fan then that would certainly be a plus towards your enjoyment of the show.
    It is cleverly done and rather entertaining but in my opinion, pales in comparison to the Light, Motors show which is more thrilling and less "campy".
    The Indy show is rather dated and stunts today are so technically advanced (ie; the latest Die Hard movie) that the ones at this show seem pretty mild.
    If you have younger kids, they would like it, I have no doubt about that and I hear all the time about how thrilling it was from the 8 to 12 year old set.
    If you do not have to wait in line for any length of time, this may be something you'll want to try before it is replaced (as it is rumored to be in the not too distant future) just so you can see for yourself. But if it doesn't sound like something you are really all that interested in and the wait tiimes are high then you really wouldn't miss a whole heck of a lot if you don't go.

Comment

It's a good show. If you've never seen it, its worth a visit

Comment

I've seen it twice and enjoyed it both times, I was with different people each time so the second time I was with people whjo had never seen it. I'm probably going to skip it next trip since I havent seen lights, motor action and I'm going to see it instead. I would recoment seeing it at least once.
        Steve

Comment

I absolutely love the Indy show and its a must see for me everytime I go. Of course I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan in the first place so seeing him dodge the spears coming out of the ground or outrunning that bolder get me everytime.

Comment

It's worth it just to watch Indy for 20 minutes. Yummy!

Comment

I guess its all individual prefrence. Me, I think Indy has repeat value. I like it. On the other hand I I bored with LMA.

LMA for me, takes way to long to get into and get out of. And for me there are no great thrills once you have seen it the first time.

Maybe its the "acting" in Indy that keeps me comming back, but I still find it entertaing.

-dave
              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

thanks guys- thought of another one already...is the mansion down?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Gracie View Post
                  thanks guys- thought of another one already...is the mansion down?

Yep
                  "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                  "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

It has Alen Counter disease.... Cool the first time.
                    sigpic
                    When attractions were original

Comment

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
                      Yep
                      damn

any other major rides down?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Gracie View Post
                        damn

any other major rides down?

Not that I can recall. I got back last night.

Comment

how was the crowd sitch, getting ready for the fourth? How about lines for everest have they picked up this week as expected?

Comment

:ot:
                            I just realized you're leaving tomorrow for WDW, the same day I fly cross country to DL. Here's wishing you have great weather, a nice cool breeze and short lines for your trip.

Comment

Spaceship Earth is down.

Have a great trip!!
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...