This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condition of River Country

I can't say that I have been to River Country, but I can say that I have seen pictures and video and it certainly does not look like THIS.

I know that it is in a remote area and is unaccessable by guests, but this is an embarrasement to the company.
    Last edited by WDW Monorail; 07-03-2007, 07:58 AM.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Re: Condition of River Country

That is a shame!
    Where on WDW property is this place?

Comment

Nevermind...
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Country

Comment

Ew.
        Is this why they closed it down?

Comment

Thanks for the pics.

As long as this is inaccessible and invisible to guests, I'm not really concerned. I'd rather see the company put money into things that are visible and accessible to guests than into leveling this place.

Sorry to anyone who has fond memories of River Country, but I think it looks pretty neat dilapidated

Comment

wow that is eeerie...

I remember going there back in the 80's and the last time in 92/93. I was sad to hear it had closed after that, but yeah since it cant be seen by anyone from the lagoon, I dont care what it looks like... They should have a tour there though, leave it the way it is... let people see the past history of WDW.

I always wished they kind of opened it again but kept it as a private water park for the guests staying at the Contemporary, Poly, GF, and Wilderness lodge...

Comment

How is an area that you can only get to by trespassing an embarrassment to the company? If it were visible to people on the lake or driving by I'd agree with you, but it hardly falls under an area of concern.

Comment

I think White Water Rapids is still the best inner tube ride. I miss River Country a lot. I also miss Discovery Island. And even though it is in horrible shape, the person who took the pics should not have been in there, since it is walled off.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                  I can't say that I have been to River COuntry, but I can say that I have seen pictures and video and it certainly does not look like THIS.

I know that it is in a remote area and is unaccessable by guests, but this is an embarrasement to the company.
                  As a Disney shareholder, I must disagree. I wouldn't want the company wasting money maintaining an area that it does not plan to use in the future to generate revenue. It's all walled off. I find it no more embarrassing than if I went backstage and saw unused ride parts in storage.
                  Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                  The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

I can't say that I have been to River COuntry, but I can say that I have seen pictures and video and it certainly does not look like THIS.

Why is it an embarrasement? Nobody is supposed to be back there. No guest who is in an authorized area can see it. Why spend the money to do something to it?

-dave
                    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Why do I think it is an embarrasement? Well, because it is another example of how Disney lets a great guest area fall down the tubes, such as WoL. One can make the arguement that WoL is in a popular park and is easily visible to guests. However, the principle is not much different. RC and WoL have great potential to become something great. I would like RC to become a mini waterpark style pool for FW and WL. Just as the pool at the Beach Club.

That's the way that I look at it.
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                      Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Why do I think it is an embarrasement? Well, because it is another example of how Disney lets a great guest area fall down the tubes, such as WoL. One can make the arguement that WoL is in a popular park and is easily visible to guests. However, the principle is not much different. RC and WoL have great potential to become something great. I would like RC to become a mini waterpark style pool for FW and WL. Just as the pool at the Beach Club.

That's the way that I look at it.

Well, that would be nice, but what are the operating costs of RC?

You will have to roll that into the rack rate for FW and WL. Maintence, staffing, fuel, taxes, and insurance just don't get paid out of thin air.

-dave
                        "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                        "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

What a shame. I wonder if it will ever be used again for anything.

Comment

Come to River Country.... free tetanus shot with every paid admission!

Comment

i wonder how many alligators are lurking in that water....

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X