Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

    I was wondering if anyone has attended the :captain: Pirate and Princess Party in the past?

    And what did you think of it?

    I see it is returning in August (when I just happen to be there) and I'm just trying to figure out if I should try to squeeze it into an already packed schedule..

    Thanks for any help
    Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived! Please give them a ring.



    Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!

  • #2
    Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

    Magic, Music, and Mayhem alone is worth the hard ticket.
    sigpic


    Originally posted by Phonedave
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

      We had a good time. The Halloween Party is still my favorite, but the P&P party was worth the money for us. I put up pics here: http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...id=7&Itemid=37
      from the February 15th party. It's fireworks-picture heavy, that was my favorite part of the evening (besides running around and riding rides!)

      Whether it's worth it for you, only you can decide. But it was pretty empty for the January/Feb events, which made it really fun for us!

      Here are a couple of my fireworks pics from that evening:



      Denise

      www.mousesteps.com




      Favorite TDL Typo:

      Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

        We're going for the 1st time in August and can't wait. I think just the fireworks alone will make it worth while!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

          A number of my co-workers got to experience the party the first time around and as your average Disney guests they really seemed to enjoy it.

          As for MiceChatters, as long as we're pulling up information I know TDLFAN posted a review: TDLFAN goes to Princess/Pirate Party (photos too!) and that should give you a pretty nice overview of the party, especially compared to other hard-ticket parties at WDW.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

            I went in March. I reallly enjoyed it. The fireworks were great! The treasure hunt was a lot of fun, too, especially if you have little ones.

            I would definitely go again. Oh, and the CMs dress up a bit, too!
            - Larisa

            Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

            :ap:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

              Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
              A number of my co-workers got to experience the party the first time around and as your average Disney guests they really seemed to enjoy it.

              As for MiceChatters, as long as we're pulling up information I know TDLFAN posted a review: TDLFAN goes to Princess/Pirate Party (photos too!) and that should give you a pretty nice overview of the party, especially compared to other hard-ticket parties at WDW.
              I agree with TDL Fan on pretty much everything. I definitely don't think that there was 10k people in the park with us on February 15th, it was sooo empty. But it will be more crowded for the August events, I'm sure. Not like the MNSSHP, but busier (it has had good word of mouth).
              Denise

              www.mousesteps.com




              Favorite TDL Typo:

              Originally posted by TDLFAN
              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
              on Bay Lake.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

                Never been before, but I'm going to the one 8/24.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

                  Let me add another vote for going just for the fireworks show. It's the best fireworks display I've ever seen at Disney.
                  Eric
                  http://www.mouseguest.com
                  MouseGuest.com - Get your fix!
                  Official site of the Mouse Guest Weekly podcast!

                  "Always follow your dreams, because then you'll never be lost!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

                    Originally posted by MouseGuest View Post
                    Let me add another vote for going just for the fireworks show. It's the best fireworks display I've ever seen at Disney.
                    MNSSHP is still my favorite, but this was terrific! I felt bad that so few people saw it in January, they put a lot of work into the show.
                    Denise

                    www.mousesteps.com




                    Favorite TDL Typo:

                    Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                    on Bay Lake.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

                      ^ Which is probably why there are more parties planned for August/Sept.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

                        Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                        ^ Which is probably why there are more parties planned for August/Sept.
                        The word of mouth was terrific on it, so I'm delighted it's come back!
                        Denise

                        www.mousesteps.com




                        Favorite TDL Typo:

                        Originally posted by TDLFAN
                        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                        on Bay Lake.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

                          We went in February and had the best time. Here is my story about meeting Jack Sparrow. He was the absolute best!
                          http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57807

                          You should go, you will not be dissapointed. Remember, you don't have to wait until 7pm to get in. We got in as early as 4:30pm.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disney's Pirate and Princess Party

                            Originally posted by Epcotcore View Post
                            I was wondering if anyone has attended the :captain: Pirate and Princess Party in the past?

                            And what did you think of it?

                            I see it is returning in August (when I just happen to be there) and I'm just trying to figure out if I should try to squeeze it into an already packed schedule..

                            Thanks for any help

                            We went on February 5 and 8. Had originally only planned for one night but had so much fun we went a second. The fireworks are the best ever and not to be missed. IMO the fireworks alone are worth the price of admission.

                            The parade was great. DD7 had a great time dancing with Flounder at one of the many little dance areas. We rode Thunder Mtn 10 - 15 times without even having to get off, thats how light the crowds were. (Same for Barnstormer) Everything was walk on.

                            Main Street looked amazing. The treasure hunt, was not all that great, kids were bored after 3 stops

                            I would recommend the P & P Party to everyone! We are keeping our fingers crossed for another P&P for our February 08 trip!
                            Sabrina
                            2006 POP 2007 POP 2008 POP 2009 WL

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X