This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Mountain - new star effect testing

It looks like a new star effect is being tested for the upcoming rehab of Space Mountain. It has also been reported that the Space Mountain rehab is going to be used as one of the driving forces to combat the Universal Harry Potter addition.

Screamscape:

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Re: Space Mountain - new star effect testing

I would be delighted to see Space Mountain renovated (though I actually prefer it to Disneylands version).

BUT, I can't imagine Disney doing anything that will keep Harry Potter fans on Disney property instead of going to Universal for the day. I am not a HP fan (I just haven't read the books), but Universal scored on that one. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they do with it!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

It's about time WDW's Space Mountain gets a little TLC.

Comment

Well, I think it is a great thing. Much needed. BUT, I still am going to want to check out the HP additions (unless it gets awful reviews!!)

Comment

I have an AP to Universal anyhow, Universal will see just as much of me (if not more) when Harry Potter opens. lol

But those new stars have been there for 3 months.
          -Bill

Comment

poor poor delusional MK, thinkng the rehab/redo of a 32yo ride, is going to compete w/ the EEE Ticket extravanagnza of Wizarding World. gimme a break..................

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
              poor poor delusional MK, thinkng the rehab/redo of a 32yo ride, is going to compete w/ the EEE Ticket extravanagnza of Wizarding World. gimme a break..................
              Totally agree!

Comment

i agree, but as the article says, it's "one" of their main weapons against the HP, in other words, there will be more than one. This is actually a good thing that Disney at least is trying to fix up their parks to try to compete with Universal somehow.

I totally agree with all of you that Universal scored high getting the HP world added to their parks. As a continuing Universal AP holder, expect me to also frequently visit Universal to check this out.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Comment

Just more proof that having a great park at Universal is good for Disney because they can't stay complacent.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
                    Just more proof that having a great park at Universal is good for Disney because they can't stay complacent.
                    That is how I feel. I prefer Disney over Universal, but I am glad Universal has HP. That means Disney had to be proactive. But the HP land is HUGE, Disney can't really compete per se. If someone is a HP fan - and there are millions, they'll want to go to see the new attractions.

Had Disney picked up HP - can you imagine? They would have ended up crushing everyone. They won't do that with some stars in SM.
                    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                    on Bay Lake.

Comment

all i have to say is, as long as Disney has Mickey Mouse, forget about Universal really competing. Remember, the HP popularity would probably dissipate as years pass, especially years after the release of the final movie.

Comment

Originally posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
                        Remember, the HP popularity would probably dissipate as years pass, especially years after the release of the final movie.
                        I completely agree think in 10 years time the films will be out dated the special effect will be old unlike Disney cartoons and Pixar films which don't rely on these state of the art effects and looks as good now as they did when they where released look at Peter Pan for example and Snow White both old but both still watched by new generations like they where brand new.
                        Also i can say unless HP land has any new amazing ride technology i wont bother going. Any way thats just my 2 cents

Comment

i havent heard anything about this new star effect, but i do know we are getting upgraded digital projections and sound. In addition, the "remodeling" of the load and unload stations will likely be minimal, but will include load gates (which we REALLY need). I hope they do make the stations more exciting though as they could use a refurb. I had heard a rumor at one point that they would enclose the load station to preserve show during down times and to make the ride exponentially darker. I'll post any and all details I can get my hands on from WDI or the managers, but for now, im off to work the mountain!! bye for now!!
                          sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Originally posted by TheRockr
                          Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudger View Post
                            I completely agree think in 10 years time the films will be out dated the special effect will be old unlike Disney cartoons and Pixar films which don't rely on these state of the art effects and looks as good now as they did when they where released look at Peter Pan for example and Snow White both old but both still watched by new generations like they where brand new.
                            Also i can say unless HP land has any new amazing ride technology i wont bother going. Any way thats just my 2 cents

Pixar doesnt rely on state-of-the-art effects? and HP WILL have amazing new ride technology, Universal has exclusive rights to the Kuka Robotic arm for 10 years to put into an attraction...99% chance it will be in HP land
                            My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

The budget for this redo has (and I believe continues) to have more scratches than the arms of a heroin addict.

While a truly 21st century version of Space Mountain would be terrific, I have my doubts about what will actually happen, and if Disney execs think this will keep people from heading to see the HP land at IOA, they're nuttier than a pecan farm.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X