This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonders of Life Gutting Confirmed

As filed HERE, WoL is to be partially gutted. This is being done in order to prepare for the Food and Wine Festival.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Re: Wonders of Life Gutting Confirmed

I guess it's a bigger space than the old odesy restaurant or the special events pavilion. of course gutting it doesn't mean they cant reuse it as a new pavilion at a later date either.

Comment

Oh, I'm excited to see what they do with it. Although I hope they don't move the food booths in there, I like walking the WS and trying the different foods.

Comment

Best Case Scenario: After the F&W Festival, they take a giant bulldozer and demolish the entire pavilion, putting an entire new attraction in its place.

Worst Case Scenario: After the F&W Festival, they hand the space over to conventions and the general public never enters that area of Epcot again.
        “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
          Best Case Scenario: After the F&W Festival, they take a giant bulldozer and demolish the entire pavilion, putting an entire new attraction in its place.

Worst Case Scenario: After the F&W Festival, they hand the space over to conventions and the general public never enters that area of Epcot again.
          i would agree, except change the word attraction to pavilion. Future World needs less attractions, and more pavilions which include attractions.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
            i would agree, except change the word attraction to pavilion. Future World needs less attractions, and more pavilions which include attractions.
            Well technically, Disney lists pavilions as attractions, so.......

Pavilion, attraction... doesn't really bother me. So far, Disney has yet to replace one with the other (Horizons->MS, WoM->TT, UoE->EEE, Imagination pavilion->Imagination Institute, The Land & Seas both as pavilions, etc).
            “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Pavilion, attraction... doesn't really bother me. So far, Disney has yet to replace one with the other (Horizons->MS, WoM->TT, UoE->EEE, Imagination pavilion->Imagination Institute, The Land & Seas both as pavilions, etc).
              Well considering you were hoping that this pavilion with multiple attractions be converted into a single one, the point is very puissant here.
              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

important to note that this has been reported as a gutting ONLY of the open area in the front of the pavilion. The two rides were slated to stay at this time. This is to gut out all the displays that were in the foyer area. To open up the space for activities (such as F&W)

Comment

They already painted over the body wars mural about a month ago...

BT
                  22 is NOT my age (unfortunately)...

Comment

I have it on pretty good authority (and I realize that means nothing coming from me, but, eh) that the WOL attractions are still scheduled to open for the Christmas. I hope this is true, because I've never gotten to see Body Wars or Cranium Command.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Comment

i really liked the WoL pavilion. I remember being there when it opened when I was kid. But when I went two years ago it felt old and dated. I hope they get a sponsor and they re-do this pavilion. Epcot should keep the current theme of the pavilion but with newer rides.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                        As filed HERE, WoL is to be partially gutted. This is being done in order to prepare for the Food and Wine Festival.
                        are they getting rid of Body Wars?

I guess it's a bigger space than the old odesy restaurant or the special events pavilion. of course gutting it doesn't mean they cant reuse it as a new pavilion at a later date either.
                        I was just wondering, are they ever going to do something with that restaurant?
                        And why did it close in the first place?
                        ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
                        1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
                        2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
                        3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
                        4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
                        5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
                        6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
                        7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
                        8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
                        9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
                        AND FINALLY...
                        10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
                        [:

Comment

There was a time when Disney used to add more then one new attraction in a pavilion.

Look who's channelling the spirit of TDLFAN!
                          BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                          TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by evanescence4ever View Post
                            are they getting rid of Body Wars?
                            As far as I know, Cranium Command and Body Wars shall remain.

Let me add that several more cameras are to be added to TT's queue. Possibly to aid with the wait times.
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                            Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
                              There was a time when Disney used to add more then one new attraction in a pavilion.
                              Not to go off-topic, but what pavilion in FW used to be a multi-attraction pavilion that is no longer one?

Universe of Energy - Different story, but it went from a single attraction to a single attraction.

Mission: Space - As far as I remember, we went from single-attraction Horizons (possibly plus a post-show) to a single-attraction MS (again, with a post-show).

Test Track - Again, single attraction WoM+postshow vs. single attraction TT+[likely worse] postshow

The Seas - Multi-attraction Living Seas to multi-attraction The Seas with Nemo & friends

The Land - Attractions have changed, but it remains a multi-attraction pavilion

Imagination Institute - Again, the two attractions have changed over the years, but it still remains a multi-attraction pavilion

Spaceship Earth - The story has been altered, but it has always been a single attraction and postshow

Innoventions - I would call this a multi-mini-attraction pavilion

So am I missing anything? The only pavilion I haven't listed for obvious reasons is WoL, which at last opening was still a multi-attraction pavilion.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X