• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TDLFAN
    Banned User
    • Feb 2005

Quick Update from WDW

Went to WDW today... some things I noticed:

-MK was not too clean today nor too busy with guests.
    -The Mickey hand glove on the wand at EPCOT has been taken down, but the stars at the top of Spaceship Earth mysteriously still remain up there.
    -New MK logo stuff at the Emporium (or at least I had not seen that design before)
    -The Fantasia Shop at the Contemporary's Grand Canyon Concourse has been replaced with a Game Room, and cheap looking racks of merchandise now litter the open spaces in that area. (Thumbs down on whoever came up with that idea.) However, the Pin Trading kiosk has been taken down (thumbs up on that one).
    -The Cinderella Castle shoppe is now closed, as it's being renovated and turned into the 2nd Bibiddi-Bobbidi Boutique. Yuk! Bad Idea.
    -Many stones in the never-to-be-completed Walk Around the World walkway portion between the MK and the Contemporary have faded away so badly, you can hardly read the names printed on them. I never realize how bad the quality of these stones are. Yet, my stone next to Michael Eisner's at the front of the park remain in pretty decent shape.

No photos with this update.
  • flynnibus
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2006

Re: Quick Update from WDW

the contemporary stuff is all over the place.. as they jockey stuff around between the 4th floor and other locations. resturants are changing, etc

The Arcade has been open there since April. fantasia will be back in a more permanent location, another resturant is supposed to go in the steakhouses old location as well another where the food/fun thing was
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
      How do you do?
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
      -The Fantasia Shop at the Contemporary's Grand Canyon Concourse has been replaced with a Game Room, and cheap looking racks of merchandise now litter the open spaces in that area. (Thumbs down on whoever came up with that idea.) However, the Pin Trading kiosk has been taken down (thumbs up on that one).
      They did this once before when they renovated BVG I believe, or just added extra for one of the 18-20 month long never ending promotions. I thought it looked horribly tacky then, and I still think so. However, I have read rumors that past the game room is where the new Fantasia is going, so hopefully all this will be cleared when that opens. At least, we can pray it does.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

• WDW Wishes
        New MiceChatter
        • Aug 2007

-The Cinderella Castle shoppe is now closed, as it's being renovated and turned into the 2nd Bibiddi-Bobbidi Boutique. Yuk! Bad Idea.

That's disgusting! Ugh, don't we have enough "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" in DD?
        WESLEY ADAMS
        Yacht Club: August 17-23, 2006
        Beach Club: August 16-26, 2005

"Paulette, Will you help me put my hair back on? Ladies and Gentlemen Thank you for coming to LEGALLY BALD!"--- Laura Bell Bundy after her wig falls off during Legally Blonde

Comment

• WDW1974
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by WDW Wishes View Post

That's disgusting!
          That it is.

Comment

• DLRP_bopazot
            • Mar 2005

Went to WDW today...I never realize how bad the quality of these stones are. Yet, my stone next to Michael Eisner's at the front of the park remain in pretty decent shape.

i can see you went inside a lot ? Is this due to the Thunderstorm and the Rain till late afternoon ?

Thanks for the Update TDLFAN .
            HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

• TDLFAN
              Banned User
              • Feb 2005

Actually, I got back to my car as the rain started to come down...so I missed the rain. Sadly, I didn't miss not seeing the darn parade at 3pm.

Originally posted by WDW Wishes
              That's disgusting!
              Yup..

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                I was deleted.
                • Dec 2008

Nice update TDLFAN. Thanks for you info.

Comment

• Bill
                  Theme Park Guru

• Jan 2005

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                  They did this once before when they renovated BVG I believe, or just added extra for one of the 18-20 month long never ending promotions. I thought it looked horribly tacky then, and I still think so. However, I have read rumors that past the game room is where the new Fantasia is going, so hopefully all this will be cleared when that opens. At least, we can pray it does.
                  Eh, not quite. A new eatery is going in down there. After they move the Food & Fun Quick Service upstairs to where the Concourse Steakhouse currently is.
                  -Bill

Comment

• mikeland
                    World Traveler
                    • May 2005

BOO! We want photos!!!

Comment

• TDLFAN
                      Banned User
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                      BOO! We want photos!!!
                      There will be new ones from TDR next week.

Comment

• Nom
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by WDW Wishes View Post

That's disgusting! Ugh, don't we have enough "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" in DD?
                        Why disgusting? You may not have little girls, so it might not appeal to you, but what better place to have girls transform into princesses than in cinderella's castle?

I know we already had this discussion back when the Cindy's BBB was announced, but I had to respond to that comment.

PS eta I am so glad that hand is finally gone... now the scale is finally restored! Off to find some pics... I just hope they don't leave the stars.
                        Last edited by Nom; 08-02-2007, 08:04 AM. Reason: to add the PS

Comment

• kcnole
                          • Mar 2006

-The Mickey hand glove on the wand at EPCOT has been taken down, but the stars at the top of Spaceship Earth mysteriously still remain up there.
                          It only makes sense that the stars will probably be the last thing to go after the wand structure is completely removed.

Comment

• btwnguy_22
                            Were you there?
                            • Aug 2005

Relax the stars are the last things to go.

They have to repel down SSE to remove them, so its a completely different type of work/workers needed for that portion of the project.

BT
                            22 is NOT my age (unfortunately)...

Comment

• Phonedave
                              Why can't you tune a fish
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by btwnguy_22 View Post
                              Relax the stars are the last things to go.

They have to repel down SSE to remove them, so its a completely different type of work/workers needed for that portion of the project.

BT

Why would they rappel down SSE? Just pick them with the crane, it's a lot easier, and a lot less rigging.

You would have to tie everyone and eveything off to hard points on the SSE if you went the rappel route.

-dave
                              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

• nathan detroit
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jun 2007

Yet, my stone next to Michael Eisner's at the front of the park remain in pretty decent shape.
                                Odd. I would have thought that Michael Eisner's stone would be the most popular one to be stepped on.
                                WDW - 1987 & 1991
                                DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                                DLR - October 2011

Comment

• cjcolvin
                                  New MiceChatter
                                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by btwnguy_22 View Post
                                  Anyone else think that this would be fun to watch? Would they even do this part while the park is open? It seems like something the night shift would work on. I don't think it would be extremely safe to do with guests nearby.

Comment

• VeganPrincess
                                    Defying gravity
                                    • May 2006

-MK was not too clean today.
                                    Is it ever?

Really?! Enough with the Bibiddi-Bobbidi Boutique already. It's getting out of hand. The last thing we need is more "princesses" walking around...especially because half of them are overweight 10 year olds.

Yet, my stone next to Michael Eisner's at the front of the park remain in pretty decent shape.
                                    Do you really have a stone next to Michael Eisner?

Thanks for the update!

Comment

• AaronInCal
                                      Fireworks Finatic!
                                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
                                      Why would they rappel down SSE? Just pick them with the crane, it's a lot easier, and a lot less rigging.

You would have to tie everyone and eveything off to hard points on the SSE if you went the rappel route.

-dave
                                      My guess would be the stars are attached to the exterior of SSE to stay put during the wind and storms. They are not just sitting there. That's obvious with the ones on the side of SSE. I would guess they are bolted down. But it would be interesting to know exactly how they are attached. Will they have to replace panels if they have had holes drilled in them, or have they been attached a totally different way? Hopefully someone knows that answer..

Comment

• Nom
                                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                                        The last thing we need is more "princesses" walking around...especially because half of them are overweight 10 year olds.
                                        :lol:

Although I don't have a problem with the new BBB in Cinderella's castle, I had to laugh at that image. You're right!

I am so glad my dd is not into princesses.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X