Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carousel of Progress

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carousel of Progress

    This will probably be a quick and easy-to-answer question. I read on Yesterland that COP has more or less been shut down, with the exception of peak seasons. Is this true?

    Thank you in advance for your help!


    P.S. The YL article does make mention of the WDW version, inside the DL COP article, which is what I'm basing this off of.

  • #2
    Re: Carousel of Progress

    That was a few years ago, ever since Alien Encounter close to make make for Stitch, the Carousel of Progress has been open every day, though sometimes with limited hours.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Carousel of Progress

      Ah. Thank you very much for the info! I thought it was so sad that they all but closed it down. Good to hear it's going again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Carousel of Progress

        Yep! Just dragged my kids in there back in May.
        Originally posted by larasound
        am I the burrito man?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Carousel of Progress

          That's sad you had to drag them. This used to be one hot ticket! I still think of it that way, even though I've never been on it. Or to WDW, or FL, for that matter. I'm hoping to be going in '09, and I will definately go see the show, at least once. I've only ever experienced this through the DL 50th 6-CD set, and on YouTube. Frankly, though, I like the original voice acting better. But, regardless, I'm happy that this piece of Disney history is still around.

          Another question: is there ever a huge line for it, esp. at peak seasons? Or has it, sadly, fallen to the wayside?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Carousel of Progress

            Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
            That's sad you had to drag them. This used to be one hot ticket! I still think of it that way, even though I've never been on it. Or to WDW, or FL, for that matter. I'm hoping to be going in '09, and I will definately go see the show, at least once. I've only ever experienced this through the DL 50th 6-CD set, and on YouTube. Frankly, though, I like the original voice acting better. But, regardless, I'm happy that this piece of Disney history is still around.

            Another question: is there ever a huge line for it, esp. at peak seasons? Or has it, sadly, fallen to the wayside?
            Usually it's not too bad to get in. Might have to wait for the next turn of the theater but won't have to wait long.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Carousel of Progress

              Cool. I know this thing just eats up the peeps, but I didn't know what the actual popularity of it is. So... a mild to moderate guest interest? Kind of like for DCA?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Carousel of Progress

                Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                Yep! Just dragged my kids in there back in May.
                Kids these days. You're good parent for showing them the true Walt Disney.

                Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                Another question: is there ever a huge line for it, esp. at peak seasons? Or has it, sadly, fallen to the wayside?
                I've been in some shows in which the theater was pretty full. I have no idea what the other theaters are like or if I was just with a group of FastPass holders waiting for Space Mountain to reopen from a 101.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Carousel of Progress

                  Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                  Cool. I know this thing just eats up the peeps, but I didn't know what the actual popularity of it is. So... a mild to moderate guest interest? Kind of like for DCA?

                  I would say its moderate. I rarely see more than a theater-load or so in queue at once, but there are allways people going though it.

                  And its my 8 year olds absolute favorite ride. We go on it 3 or 4 times every time we go.

                  -dave
                  "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                  "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Carousel of Progress

                    my kids loved this so much this last trip. i had them watch the video that plays in the queue so they appreciated it, and more of WDW!!





                    It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Carousel of Progress

                      Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                      That's sad you had to drag them.
                      Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                      Kids these days. You're good parent for showing them the true Walt Disney.
                      Well, they are only 2 and 6 so....but it has always been one of my faves. I am a sucker for AA heavy attractions. And my 6 year old was caught singing he song the next week.)
                      Originally posted by larasound
                      am I the burrito man?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Carousel of Progress

                        Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                        Well, they are only 2 and 6 so....but it has always been one of my faves. I am a sucker for AA heavy attractions. And my 6 year old was caught singing he song the next week.)
                        I love AA heavy attractions, too! And that is too cute that he was singing it!!

                        But, yeah... 2 and 6? I can understand the dragging now. "But mommy, why do we have to sit still for so long?? I want to go see Pooh Bear!!" lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Carousel of Progress

                          I've been at many different times of the year and it is always open. I've never had to wait more than about 10 minutes for it.

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X