This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible new fastpass system coming to Disney

I just read this on screamscape.com and if its true, its going to suck...

Originally posted by screamscape
    Here is the link to the Jim hill article:

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...-far-away.aspx

Re: Possible new fastpass system coming to Disney

Don't count on it. Just because it's patented doesn't mean it's going to happen.
    -Bill

Comment

Yes, changes to the FP system might be underway as Kevin Yee has mentioned in previous articles but for what you mention here Parisi I have to go back to your sources. While they might be true, the credibility of authors does come into play, so I would like to put this one in the rumor pile.

Comment

I do not believe that they will ever prioritize the higher spenders (i.e. Grand Floridian guests over Pop Century guests) in the Fast Pass system.

I think it's plenty OK for them to give perks to ALL their resort guests, but I think it would be dangerous to set up a class system within the Disney World Resort.

Comment

If Jim Hill thinks that it's going to happen the way Jim described it, he's a complete fool. The very idea of flashing a cell phone to a CM and using it as a Fastpass is utterly ridiculous. This system will work differently then described in the Jim Hill article, as well as in the patent.
          -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            If Jim Hill thinks that it's going to happen the way Jim described it, he's a complete fool. The very idea of flashing a cell phone to a CM and using it as a Fastpass is utterly ridiculous. This system will work differently then described in the Jim Hill article, as well as in the patent.
            Bill, are you telling me that Jim Hill is a liar? lol. For why, Bill?
            Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

'All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others'
              WDW - 1987 & 1991
              DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
              DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                Bill, are you telling me that Jim Hill is a liar? lol. For why, Bill?
                Jim Hill doesn't know what he's talking about? Oh shock! Horror!

Comment

So I am confused, does this mean that fast pass is only going to be available to Disney resort guests? I hope not. We never stay on Disney property, its much cheaper for us to stay at Hilton Grand Vacation clubs. And if we can't get fast pass then, my family will most definetly opt for Universal instead.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    Jim Hill doesn't know what he's talking about? Oh shock! Horror!

LOL Jim Hilll actually wrote an article about one question back in the day on Laughing Place.com. ) Basically I asked what happened to the Roger Rabbit project for the Disney-MGM Studios and he wrote about it and said that he was saving it for his book on never made Disney atrraction but decide to post it because I asked. Back then, I was Abu233 on the laughing place. Good time, Good time. Speaking of Jim, What ever happen to Fab, his exwife and lover of all things Tony Baxer?
                    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

I hope this doesn't come true.

Comment

all this would do is cause mayhem...can you imagine how people would react to being treated as "lower class" visitors! i would imagine some people may act out seeing a GF guest get on a ride and they having to wait who knows how long! not a good idea !!!!!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

The only improvement to the FAST PASS system that I want to see is the COMPLETE ELIMINATION of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                            The only improvement to the FAST PASS system that I want to see is the COMPLETE ELIMINATION of it.
                            I've never used the fastpass system...is it really THAT bad?

Also, this story was in the front page of the Orlando Sentinel today so for those of you who wished that it wasnt true...well...sorry

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                              I've never used the fastpass system...is it really THAT bad?

Also, this story was in the front page of the Orlando Sentinel today so for those of you who wished that it wasnt true...well...sorry

Speaing as someone who used to LOVE Fastpass. If you work the Fastpass system, really work the system, it cuts your wait time. But it changes visiting the parks into a logistics exercize. If its 3:35 PM, then I must be at Splash Mountain.

Fastpass increases the wait time of the standby lines. People will argue this, but here are some ways to look at it.

1) If you get a FP for Soarin' and then go wait in the Test Track Standby line, you have make the TT Standby line longer. We can all agree on that I hope. Now because you are "reserving" spot in the Soarin' line, you have also made that line longer at the same time you are making the Test Track line longer

2) Or lets look at it this way. Disregarding breakdowns ets TT and Soarin and process a total of X number of people per hour. FP does not change that. IF somebodys average wait time (the FP holder) has gone down, then somone elses has gone up.

I don't hate it (yet) but because my method of going to parks has changed (I no longer want to schedule the crap out of my vacation) it no longer suits my needs. It used to, but now it does not.

-dave
                              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X