This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPCOT SSE Wand Graveyard video

Ever wonder what happened to all the parts of the SSE Wand? I give you the SSE Wand Graveyard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=01aOWXtM_9E
    This was posted by MousePlanet earlier this morning.
    Last edited by EPCOT1982; 09-10-2007, 07:11 AM.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Re: EPCOT SSE Wand Graveyard video

Are they gonna charge for grave dancing excursions?
    48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]

Comment

Isn't this video a big violation of the whole "filming backstage" rule? I mean, the person doing the commentary could get in some serious trouble.
      WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

That is the best video ever.

Comment

It always amazes me how massive things are when you see them up close, I figured the wand was just Aluminum tubing on the side and a good hurricane would just rip it down one day, that looks like construction grade steel there... Which makes me wonder if they waited longer due to the drop in steel prices after 9-11 to take it down....
          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

More more more!!!

That was an awesome video. I just wish there was more of a close-up of the star and the other more recognizable components and a little less tressel.

I love that kind of stuff! Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
              Ever wonder what happened to all the parts of the SSE Wand? I give you the SSE Wand Graveyard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01aOWXtM_9E
              This was posted by MousePlanet earlier this morning.
              Thx for cross posting that. Good stuff

Comment

Did he say "they soldered all the joints to get them apart"

Sorry, just the construction guy in me comming out. There is no solder whatsoever on that structure (except maybe in the electrical work). It was all welded (or bolted) together and then was cut apart with a cutting torch - or burned as the iron workers around here say. "Go burn that beam". Depends where you work.

-dave
                "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by ZeekSlider View Post
                  Isn't this video a big violation of the whole "filming backstage" rule? I mean, the person doing the commentary could get in some serious trouble.
                  That's exactly what I was thinking! While I know some of it was visible to the average guest, in theory, this kind of crosses a line.

Comment

In the background it looks like it is only fenced in on three sides, so Im guessing that he actually wasnt doing anything wrong.

Comment

Wonder how much of that will end up on ebay?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                        That's exactly what I was thinking! While I know some of it was visible to the average guest, in theory, this kind of crosses a line.
                        Originally posted by Touchdown View Post
                        In the background it looks like it is only fenced in on three sides, so Im guessing that he actually wasnt doing anything wrong.
                        It would appear to be this area... or somewhere along that road.

wand dumping spot

Its 'off' the parking lot, but certainly not a normal guest area. Plus, with the equipment lying around like that not somewhere Disney would like you to be.

What I'm surprised at is the dumping.. its going to cost them a bit just to clean it back up!

Comment

I just love the fact that it's in a million itty bitty pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                            I just love the fact that it's in a million itty bitty pieces.

Hey Wait it wasn't like that last week! Bill you been hitting the rum again? :captain:
                            Last edited by Jerren; 09-10-2007, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post

What I'm surprised at is the dumping.. its going to cost them a bit just to clean it back up!

I doubt it, I would assume most of the steel will eventually be hauled away by a scrap vendor probably for free, they will take care of most of the big stuff, as for the small stuff I'm sure they have in the contract with the contractor to clean it up and haul it off, this is probably just a "staging" lot. Its often cheaper when doing demolition to tear it down and stow it on site or close to on site rather than haul it off one piece at a time as you do the demo... It takes a lot fewer people to haul it off than to take it down without doing major damage to the surrounding structures.

Whatever is left over, be it broken light bulbs and small trash... well thats what the Disney slave labor err college program is for right?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X