This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an Epic Undertaking. Drinking Around the World: Epcot Food & Wine Festival

In less than 2 weeks, I will embark on a trip from LAX to Orlando to do the ultimate.

The last time I went to WDW was Jan 06. I successfully drank around the World at epcot... then... I dont remember much after that.. but there were pirates, food and beer involved.
    Pics here: http://www.scarstravels.com/photos/t...ls.php?album=2

While at the Canada pavillion.. the beertender said if we wanted a real challenge, come back during the food and wine festival.

That's happening.

September 29. Epcot. The Heroic Drinking Around the World Quest. (/WoWGeek)

My liver is ready.. my bank account is ready. My Magical Express tags and voucher came today.

Liver... Let Die!
    tick tock tick tock madness comes tonight
    what's reality compared to me
    I rest on the bed and I'm sure I slowly get mad
    I'm in a state of mind which makes me blind
    for the fact that I'm a man
    I'm here to stay forever but not today

--
    Timekiller - Project Pitchfork

Re: an Epic Undertaking. Drinking Around the World: Epcot Food & Wine Festival

Its a tough job....but somebody has to do it!

Comment

:blink:! Have fun, good luck and stay safe! Hopefully your camera will be with you to help you remember all of your magical moments.

Comment

have agreat time and pace yourself!!!!

Comment

Have a great time!
          Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

The two times I have done it during Food and Wine we only made it to France. We will try again this year the night before the 25th Celebration.

Comment

I'll be there in a few weeks myself, and while I usually don't feel too compelled to "drink my way around the world" on the "forced march" type anymore (though I have done it a few times back when I was younger)...I now usually just enjoy my adult beverages at a more leisurely and spontaneous rate.

But I am looking forward to a few of the Food & Wine dinner events and other festivities. In addition to the wine...I really enjoy the various food tasting stations around World Showcase Lagoon. So much so that I usually end up canceling my dinning reservations because I've munched too much during the day!

Because of that, I now assign one day at Epcot just for the snacking and drinking around the lagoon...and then come back on another day for a more normal day at Epcot including lunch and dinner reservations.

If you really want your crawl to be "Heroic"...then I would suggest that you really pace yourself and be sure to have a good breakfast at your hotel in the morning, and snack along the way...drinking at least a small bottle of water after each bar stop. Other Guests tend to not like to have to deal with slurring and teetering drunks as part of their Epcot experience.

Not to mention that your body will thank you the next morning.

Comment

We are attempting this on our trip.

The key is to not forget about the attractions. Ride the boat rides, see the movies. This will pace you for your "trip" (pun intended) around the world.

Comment

I think I'd sell my mom to come with you; it sounds like so much fun! Have a great time and I can live vicariously through you.
                  "We are the change we've been waiting for! Yes we can!"

Comment

Have a Kronnenbourg 1664 in France for me!

Comment

I hope you all stay on-property!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        Have a Kronnenbourg 1664 in France for me!
                        I had one one those before.. in France.
                        tick tock tick tock madness comes tonight
                        what's reality compared to me
                        I rest on the bed and I'm sure I slowly get mad
                        I'm in a state of mind which makes me blind
                        for the fact that I'm a man
                        I'm here to stay forever but not today

--
                        Timekiller - Project Pitchfork

Comment

DANG!!
                          Now I'm REALLY bummed we didn't get totally drunk on our way around the world Gives me something to aim for next time!
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Have tried this myself in past and didn't make it past Mexico....those margaritas are strong!:lol:
                            Originally posted by larasound
                            am I the burrito man?

Comment

I only tried once and failed... But I think it was because we had a lot of free margaritas before we started!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X