Keys to the Kingdom tour: what did YOU see?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris2fett
    • Apr 2005

Keys to the Kingdom tour: what did YOU see?

Will be taking this soon, and I have heard tat it changes slightly from time to time. What behind the scenes areas (especially attractions/HM/Pirates/etc.) did you see in your tour?
  • DizDee
    Disneyland Grandee
    • Jan 2007

Re: Keys to the Kingdom tour: what did YOU see?

I took the key tour in April and loved it!

We took the first tour of the day so were allowing in Main St before the park opened and walked around without anyone else in the park until the tour started. We were given a bottle of water and a menu to pre-order what we wanted for lunch. We met our tour guide, Mark, and taken to a side street on Main street and given background on the Disney way and some history of the park.

* Adventureland, rode Pirates, no behind the scenes here but plenty of info.

* Backstage behind Splash Mountain and to learn about the trash system, which was rather interesting when you think of the amount of trash MK generates.

* Backstage to see the parade floats and the Woody's Roundup characters coming back from their show without their heads!!! We were forwarned this may happen!

* Lunch at Columbia Harbor House-very good! Received a Keys to the Kingdom Pin with lunch waiting for us.

* Back side entrance to ride Haunted Mansion

* Walk back towards Castle with lots of history and stories

* Back down Main street, through the back of a shop to backstage Main Street. This so blew me away to be in a shop with music, the sounds of Main St in the background and people bustling. As soon as you went through the back stage door, it looked like an industrial maintenance area with no music sounds or any indication that just behind that door was the MK!

* Underground Main Street - bustling corridors filled with CM's and products being transported. Very interesting!

* Back up to the other side of Backstage Main Street to see parking lots, where Tinkerbell crash lands after her flight and more maintenance schtuff.

* Tour over - but all the time walking from place to place, we stopped everywhere and Mark gave us all kinds of back info, history and fun stories.

It was definitely a must see on my list and I'm very glad we were able to go.
    Have fun, hope you enjoy the tour!
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas. :yea:

Comment

• Kath2188
      Eeyore smiling
      • Jan 2007

WOW. Disneyland does not have ANYTHING like this sort of a tour. It would be great to have a tour that took you behind the scenes like the MK tour. After reading your report, I am definately putting this on my to do list.
      Thanks!

Comment

• Maverick
        What's a motto with you?
        • Apr 2007

another reason WDW is better than the land
        Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
          How do you do?
          MiceChat Round-Up Crew
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kath2188 View Post
          WOW. Disneyland does not have ANYTHING like this sort of a tour. It would be great to have a tour that took you behind the scenes like the MK tour. After reading your report, I am definately putting this on my to do list.
          Thanks!
          The Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, while it does not travel backstage, does seem fairly close to this. Also, it includes a trip into the Club 33 Lobby, as well as (possibly) a trip on the Lilly Belle. I would take those 2 things over the backstage areas any day. :ap:
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

• wolfy
            Still wants to be a cat!
            • Jan 2005

What's the price of this tour....sounds great!
            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
              How do you do?
              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
              What's the price of this tour....sounds great!
              Here's some info for you Wolfy!

Tours and other Experiences at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida
              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

• chris2fett
                • Apr 2005

Thanks for all of your input!

The tour is about $60 per adult and lasts around 5 hours. There is an all day "deluxe" version called Backstage Magic, for $200, that takes you behind the scenes at Disney/MGM/ EPCOT/ and MK.

15% discount for AP holders.

Comment

• Armadillo4
                  It's a music celebration!
                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                  • Nov 2006

I took the KTTK tour three years ago and it was a highlight of my trip. We saw most of what DizDee posted above. However, instead of Pirates, our tour group had our own boat for the Jungle Cruise and we got lots of cool info about the Jungle Cruise, since it wasn't the usual spiel.

I was lucky enough to be paired with the tour guide on Haunted Mansion as he pointed out most of the Hidden Mickeys in the attraction.

Seeing the parade floats up close was definitely cool. Our tour guide pointed out some hidden Mickeys and other details about them that could only be seen up close. We also saw some backstage offices for wardrobe and hair. The utilidors portion was pretty short, but neat to see nonetheless.
                  Originally posted by DizDee View Post
                  It was definitely a must see on my list and I'm very glad we were able to go.
                  Have fun, hope you enjoy the tour!
                  I totally agree! I'm glad I took the tour and highly recommend it.

Comment

• SummerInFL
                    Relax
                    • Sep 2005

I posted a trip report regarding this tour about a year ago. Here is my report with a bunch of spoilers.

It was the second best thing I believe I have ever done at WDW, first being the Kim Possible testing.

I highly recommend this tour, you learn a lot of things you didn't know and you get to go into the Utilidors system.

Keys To the Kingdom Tour
                    Last edited by SummerInFL; 09-24-2007, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• jane2073
                      She was sweet as a peach
                      • Mar 2006

Awesome trip report!!

7. Matthew mentioned that they might be coming out with a new twist on the FastPass System, he told us what but because he asked, I won't mention what it is here but I will say I think its a great idea.
                      Are the changes the ones that have been discussed in recent weeks?

Comment

• SummerInFL
                        Relax
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post
                        Awesome trip report!!

Are the changes the ones that have been discussed in recent weeks?
                        Well since it's been over a year and I haven't seen it mentioned since. I will go ahead and tell you. LOL

He said they were testing a new system that would allow people to come into the parks, hit a machine and they could choose what attractions they want Fastpasses for and it would spit them all out for them right then and there for the entire day.

So no more going to the attraction and getting your pass, you would have them all ahead of time.

Don't know if they will ever implement it but it certainly sounds like a good idea to me although I'm sure the anti fastpass folks will disagree with me. :lol:

Comment

• nursemelis374
                          MiceChatter
                          • Jan 2005

I did this tour almost 2 years ago and it was FANTASTIC!! I loved going backstage and having someone very knowledgable there to answer all of our questions. Our tour guide was awesome and we also had a really fun group. We have been to DL so many times and know so much that I can't imagine getting much new info ont he KTTK tour they offer. WDW is still so new to us that the tour was full of new information. Here is a random memory: There were millions of bobby pins all over the ground behind Splash Mountain right where the parade starts, it was so weird!!

Comment

• NeverNeverland
                            Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Thanks for the link to your TR Summer... I really really! want to do this now!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• Junthor
                              DL Nerd
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Master Gracie View Post
                              another reason WDW is better than the land

Them be fightin' Words!!!
                              All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

• granka
                                New MiceChatter
                                • Jul 2007

Is there a website where you can see detailed pictures of the Magic Kingdom backstage I'm very intrested to see how different it is from it's Anaheim sister park.

any suggestions?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X