Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photomatt Pics - WDW MK 11.25.07 Reflections of the Magic Kingdom and a MVMCP

Howdy.

I'm still going through tonight's pictures. I had this idea of a picture, and tried it the other day. It did not turn out because the foreground was too dark. I thought about a solution and tried it out tonight. I like the result, although it's still not exactly what I want.

Here's my first attempt, but it will get better.

I have lots more to post, but I just wanted to put this out there now.

Re: Photomatt Pics - WDW MK 11.25.07 Reflections of the Magic Kingdom and a MVMCP

That's a gorgeous shot.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Re: Photomatt Pics - WDW MK 11.25.07 Reflections of the Magic Kingdom and a MVMCP

Gorgeous shot indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

WOW Matt~ That's gorgeous! Great shot.

Comment

That is a great shot, Matt!
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

Comment

I love the shot. you know it seems almost like there is too much light now with the garlands and castle and of course when they move the tree it will be even more. but the composition of the shot is really cool and the statue of roy and minnie is one that gets passed over in favor of the partner's statue way too often.

Comment

What a perfect angle!

Comment

is that a new statue? i didn't even notice it last year.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

It's not new, but I don't know the exact date it was placed there. There are two plaques next to the bench. I will read them next time I am there. One of them may have the date.

Comment

That is simply breathtaking!! Wonderful job as always!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Hello again. All of the pics have been uploaded. When I am done you will see why I titled the post the way I did.

I am going to start with a picture I took on the 23rd -

As you can see, Roy and Minnie are underexposed. If I change the exposure so that Roy and Minnie are OK, then Main Street would be way overexposed. The solution is to use a flash, but regular flash lighting would not look right. The bench would be one color temperature and everything else would be another. It would look like some of the parade pictures I will post later. I then realized that my flash came with gels that you can put over the bulb when you are taking pictures in incandescent light and flourescent light. I had never tried one, so I figured I would try it for this. As you can see in the very first picture at the beginning of the thread, the color tone is the same throughout and it does not look like a flash was used. I am fairly impressed by the results, although I would like more of Main Street to be in focus. I also want to time the picture so there are no people in the background. When or if I get it right I will post the results.

Here are some more pictures from the 23rd.

I spent awhile taking several versions of the previous picture. When I turned around no one was there, so I took the next three pics real quick.

That's it for the pics from the 23rd. More to come.

Comment

Matt, these are amazing photos! They're all wonderful, but that first shot of Roy and Minnie is just spectacular. Terrific job and thanks for the explanation on your technique. It's stuff like this that makes MiceChat a truly wonderful community. Thanks for sharing your work here with us!!!

:thumbup:

Comment

Great and beautiful shots

Comment

Here are the pictures from the 25th. I will go in the order they were taken, but I will start with one of the more unique ones.

This picture was taken during a MVMCP, which is why the lighting is so unnatural. I need to go back on a normal day and redo this. But, the lights still make for an interesting picture.

The next few pictures are from the 6pm showing of Wishes, which not many people seemed to know about - including most of the CM's working on Main Street.

The craziness at the bottom left is a Mickey balloon. I also had some sort of funk on my filter, so the really bright shots did not turn out.

More on the way.

Comment

Amazing fireworks shots

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X