Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lunch with an Imagineer Review

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lunch with an Imagineer Review

    The review is here:

    http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...=157&Itemid=90

    and one photo, this of the Cobb Salad (we had rolls, a bowl of soup, the salad, entree and dessert). Really, too much food. But still, a good value and a nice time at the Brown Derby.

    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  • #2
    Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

    Wow! That lunch seems really neat and your report was great! Glad you had a good time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

      Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
      Wow! That lunch seems really neat and your report was great! Glad you had a good time.
      Thanks! If I can remember anything else of interest, I'll add it - it was 3 1/2 hours and it's hard to choose what might be interesting to anyone else.
      Denise

      www.mousesteps.com




      Favorite TDL Typo:

      Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

        Great review! Sounds like you and I had slightly different situations, as we have talked about. Also, I think my meal was slightly different, with a different soup and dessert. Also, I loved the entire meal, and would order anything I had again.

        Would try doing this again in a heartbeat. Perhaps the dinner at Artist Point to change it up a bit.
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

          darn can't get the link to work.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

            I know what I want for Christmas...

            sigpic


            Originally posted by Phonedave
            Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

              Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
              Great review! Sounds like you and I had slightly different situations, as we have talked about. Also, I think my meal was slightly different, with a different soup and dessert. Also, I loved the entire meal, and would order anything I had again.

              Would try doing this again in a heartbeat. Perhaps the dinner at Artist Point to change it up a bit.
              Thanks. The soup sounds like it changes occasionally, as the imagineer mentioned another soup he'd had from the previous month.

              There is nothing that I would order off the menu that I had - but it was all good, and really a nice quality meal. I would never have ordered a Cobb salad - there is too much in it I don't eat, but I had what I liked in it. I'm glad I went with the menu and not just with the familiar. The grapefruit cake had too much of a grapefruit taste for me in the outside icing, but not as bad in the inside. I would usually order something chocolate.

              I would definitely love to try the Artist Point dinner sometime.
              Denise

              www.mousesteps.com




              Favorite TDL Typo:

              Originally posted by TDLFAN
              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
              on Bay Lake.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

                finally got the link to work, looks like you had a great time and what a nice birthday gift. I also loved the pictures of minnie and mickey topiaries with the santa hats.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

                  Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                  finally got the link to work, looks like you had a great time and what a nice birthday gift. I also loved the pictures of minnie and mickey topiaries with the santa hats.
                  I'm glad you got it to work! The topiaries just recently had the hats put on them.
                  Denise

                  www.mousesteps.com




                  Favorite TDL Typo:

                  Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                  on Bay Lake.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

                    Awesome! What a great review. I had completely forgotten they have this Lunch with an Imagineer. Thanks for the write up and for the food photos. I don't like grapefruit either, but I may have had to try that dessert. It looked really good. LOL!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

                      Originally posted by Armadillo4 View Post
                      Awesome! What a great review. I had completely forgotten they have this Lunch with an Imagineer. Thanks for the write up and for the food photos. I don't like grapefruit either, but I may have had to try that dessert. It looked really good. LOL!
                      Thanks! The grapefruit cake was good, even though I don't like grapefruit (the outer icing was too grape-fruity for me, but not the inner icing).

                      I do recommend the lunch, I am glad we had an interesting Imagineer too!
                      Denise

                      www.mousesteps.com




                      Favorite TDL Typo:

                      Originally posted by TDLFAN
                      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                      on Bay Lake.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

                        Denise, that was a great article and it looked like so much fun! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Brown Derby, and I especially like the Grapefruit cake. I think if they would just leave the cream cheese icing as is, you would have loved it too.

                        Did you learn something new? Did you ask a lot of questions?

                        What a neat thing - lunch with an Imagineer. I did that once. A dear friend of mine, David Mumford was an Imagineer and we had lunch at the WDI commisary in Glendale, CA. I had a turkey sandwich and chips! :lol:Not quite as fancy as the Brown Derby...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

                          Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
                          Denise, that was a great article and it looked like so much fun! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Brown Derby, and I especially like the Grapefruit cake. I think if they would just leave the cream cheese icing as is, you would have loved it too.

                          Did you learn something new? Did you ask a lot of questions?

                          What a neat thing - lunch with an Imagineer. I did that once. A dear friend of mine, David Mumford was an Imagineer and we had lunch at the WDI commisary in Glendale, CA. I had a turkey sandwich and chips! :lol:Not quite as fancy as the Brown Derby...
                          Oh - David Mumford, how cool is that! I didn't know you'd been friends with him. I remember sitting in the Adventurers Club with 2 friends of mine. David Mumford had died recently. One of my friends, Dennis - he had just battled with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, a really rough battle. The other friend, Gretchen was having issues with her skin - itching, the doctors weren't sure why. She died a year or two later - of non-Hodgkins lymphoma (the itching was a symptom). I recall us talking about David Mumford, I guess he had something to do with the AC, but I'm not sure what. It was just very odd. I miss Gretchen, and am glad Dennis is still here.


                          I do like a nice turkey sandwich and chips. If an interesting Imagineer wanted to sit with me and eat Campbells soup, I'd be happy. I am not fancy at all! I also like cream cheese icing. And I did ask questions - I'm just not sure what is okay to say or not, so I only said a little bit. He actually was very interesting.
                          Denise

                          www.mousesteps.com




                          Favorite TDL Typo:

                          Originally posted by TDLFAN
                          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                          on Bay Lake.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

                            wow, before, I thought this sounded rather dull....but, it looks pretty interesting. Maybe when the little one gets older, we can do it as a family. Price isn't bad. Glad you had a good time.



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Lunch with an Imagineer Review

                              Everything looked yummy! I think it would be interesting to have an imagineer that did something different than work on animated features or rides. A bit more behind the scenes so to speak. Who knew about the trashcans?
                              I want my cake back!
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X