This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Epcot questions

#1 What's the deal with wonders of Life?
    Did it close unexpectedly for unknown reasons?
    Did it close to be refurbished/redone
    Or did it close permanantly.

#2 In Spaceship Earth what was in the descent tunnel before the most recent update???

I don't have any problem with what's there but I never saw what was there before.
    Last edited by Mtsplash; 01-30-2008, 08:35 PM.
    Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Re: 2 Epcot questions

Originally posted by Mtsplash View Post
    #1 What's the deal with wonders of Life?
    Did it close unexpectedly for unknown reasons?
    Did it close to be refurbished/redone
    Or did it close permanantly.

#2 In Spaceship Earth what was in the decent tunnel before the most recent update???

I don't have any problem with what's there but I never saw what was there before.
    Wonders of Life lost it's sponsorship. It reopened for much of 2 Decembers, and then opened this past year just to become a wine seminar place for the Food and Wine Festival. Actually, it was the Welcome Center - but very off the beaten path.

It took me a second, but you mean descent. The second half of the ride had to do with communications, I'm sure someone else will explain it further.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

Thanks for the info 'bout WOL!

And also, thanks for that spelling correction!

Comment

You are welcome! And for anyone else reading (since it was fixed), it said "decent tunnel".
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtsplash View Post
          #2 In Spaceship Earth what was in the descent tunnel before the most recent update???

They had some really awesome show scenes of a city and of a floating spaceship earth with lots of twinkling stars and fiberoptics.
          Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

The descent tunnel to SSE has always been a bit anticlimatic vs the rest of the ride, but it was a bit better than what is there now. They had a futuristic looking city with fiber optic lights connecting all the buildings together and going off in the distance which was meant to represent communication taking place. Then at the end was a model of SSE hanging out in space. I was never that impressed with the ending back then (although for 1994 it was pretty good). There's so much they could do that would be amazing there that anything short of that is always a bit disheartening.

As for Wonders of Life, its been closed for years, but as others have said will occasionally open during peak travel times to help with crowds. It has gotten terribly dated and needs a major refurb. I'm actually hoping they just tear the whole building down and start over. I'd love to see either a truly up to date health pavilion (which is desperately needed in this day and age) or something to do with the weather.

Comment

I have a few photos of the ending for you. The only part I believe I'm missing are the school of kids with the futuristic dragonfly.

One of the old scenes.

Comment

Just keep in mind that all those ugly dangling chicken wire things were really cool flashing Fiber Optics.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Summer! I miss the old ending.
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

The last 2 pics Summer posted are from and old scene from the first half. In its place now is the big computer room and Steve Jobs' garage.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post

One of the old scenes.
                      This picture completely creeps me out because it looks like she has no legs and is coming out of the floor. I was a bit concerned about the future until I realized she is actually sitting down.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
                        This picture completely creeps me out because it looks like she has no legs and is coming out of the floor. I was a bit concerned about the future until I realized she is actually sitting down.
                        :lmao:

Comment

The last 2 pics Summer posted are from and old scene from the first half. In its place now is the big computer room and Steve Jobs' garage.
                          ahem... That would be Steve Wozniaks garage, not Steve Jobs.

In fact, I think truthfully it doesn't represent any one persons real garage, but just all those hacker types who were working on the first PC at that point. However if it is referring to the creation of the Apple, it would be Woz's garage, not Jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
                            Just keep in mind that all those ugly dangling chicken wire things were really cool flashing Fiber Optics.
                            Just keep in mind that the entire descent tunnel is shrouded in chicken wire to this day.

(Although it *usually* can't be seen.)
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                            Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Thanls for all the info!!!!

That's too bad about SSE.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X