This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemporary Construction, Toy Story Mania, Hybrid Bus, etc. pics by Denise

I spent a LOT of time just having fun in the parks (and surrounding resort area) this past week with friends, but I did get some photos in too. Some I posted already here:

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ise-90632.html

I have a new update here:

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=34&Itemid=65

Some larger:

We took an hour long pontoon boat ride (wonderful and relaxing) and I took a handful of CR pics:

The 4 of us were treated to a hybrid bus ride (it was testing, and not open for regular guests - but the driver offered since we showed an interest in the bus). I had put up pics last year of a different hybrid - both were being tested at Fort Wilderness.:

A bird near River Country:

Toy Story Mania:

Epcot (I didn't have my tripod with me, so I had to find places to stand the camera):

Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Re: Contemporary Construction, Toy Story Mania, Hybrid Bus, etc. pics by Denise

Thanks for the pictures, Denise. I really love the shot of Italy through the plans!
    I seem to be the only one who doesn't absolutely hate the plans for the DVC tower. To me, it doesn't look that much worse than the Contemporary itself. Aside from the "A" frame, I always thought the building was pretty boring and ugly. Is the tower supposed to be much taller than the hotel?

Comment

I believe the bird is an anhinga, a type of comorant
      www.jamboeveryone.com
      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Very nice pictures!

The hybrid bus was in the NYC area not too long ago. It is supposedly on a 'world' tour.
        sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
        Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
          Thanks for the pictures, Denise. I really love the shot of Italy through the plans!
          I seem to be the only one who doesn't absolutely hate the plans for the DVC tower. To me, it doesn't look that much worse than the Contemporary itself. Aside from the "A" frame, I always thought the building was pretty boring and ugly. Is the tower supposed to be much taller than the hotel?
          I don't really like the new section yet, but I'll wait until it's done to say one way or the other. I've been wrong before. I think the new section is supposed to be taller than the tower (and I'm wondering if it will still be called a tower after that).

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
          Very nice pictures!

The hybrid bus was in the NYC area not too long ago. It is supposedly on a 'world' tour.

Is it being toured as a Disney bus, or just a Wachovia hybrid? It was really nice, and I was surprised when the driver offered us a ride in it.

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
          I believe the bird is an anhinga, a type of comorant
          Thanks, I don't know anything about birds! I will look that up.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Here is a photo of the hybrid from last year (I can't believe I got to see and ride both, they weren't around long):

Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
              Oh - and thanks! It didn't come out like I wanted, but I also didn't have my tripod (I put the camera on the fence, I believe).
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Great pics as always!
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Man that second bus looks massively long. Are they quiet? That would be awesome if the buses were as quiet as say a Prius, especially at Fort Wilderness.

It appears that the new Contemporary tower is almost half way up. If I'm counting right, it's about seven (in one picture) or eight (in the other picture) floors so far. So, only eight or nine more to go (according to Wikipedia).
                  -Tim

Comment

Disney just announce the tower for Pete's sake! lol
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Move along...nothing to see here.
                      -Tim

Comment

Thanks Denise. I really appreciate your updates!

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                          I don't really like the new section yet, but I'll wait until it's done to say one way or the other. I've been wrong before. I think the new section is supposed to be taller than the tower (and I'm wondering if it will still be called a tower after that).

I don't really like it either but I also don't hate it. I just don't think it looks much worse than the Contemporary.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                            Is it being toured as a Disney bus, or just a Wachovia hybrid? It was really nice, and I was surprised when the driver offered us a ride in it.
                            No it is not a Disney Transportation bus. The Wachovia Bus is a product of Designline. Similar models were used in the 2000 Olympics and may also be used in the 2008 Olympics.

This is not to say that WDW will not be using these types of vehicles. But currently, WDW does not operate Designline manufactred busses.

It was very nice of the driver to let you ride.
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                            Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Thank you Denise For your picture allway.

HImm May be the bus Drive let you ride so you post on a web site.

So Disney would buy the bus.
                              AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                              Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                              Older photo
                              New Photo

Member of
                              MiceChat WDW Trip
                              Next trip
                              2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Ad Widget