Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Reservation System

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney Reservation System

    I've been calling everyday for about a week now, trying to see if any discounted rates have opened up for our trip in May and typically I don't have too much trouble with the reservation line, until today.

    1st Call, I was on my way to work and I told the girl I just wanted to search for any discounted rates. She asked me for my reservation number, I usually have it but this time I wasn't near a computer. When I told her this, I gave her my information, she punchs into the computer, lists everyone ELSE in my family and tells me I don't exist.

    Umm, I book a room every couple months and currently have 2 reservations. Are you crazy lady?

    Then she simply said, "I'm sorry but I can't access your reservation without a reservation number."

    I say, "No problem, I'll try again later."

    (2nd Call)I hang up, call back immediately and someone answers the phone and goes, "Uh, no way." and hangs up on me.


    (3rd Call) I get through, the girl was very nice, she found my information (without a res number) and does the search like I needed.

    Another problem I'm finding is whenever I call, the information they have in the system is outdated and I change it EVERY time but as soon as I call back and go through the motions, its ALWAYS my old phone number that I haven't used in 2 years!

    Does anyone else every run into these kind of problems? Honestly, I would say 7/10 calls are ok but lately the number of just really bad experiences seem to be increasing.

  • #2
    Re: Disney Reservation System

    That just stinks. I really feel that customer service has gone so far down the drain. It's absolutely ridiculous that they are so rude. Their Quality Assurance teams need to be monitoring the calls better.
    :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.


    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disney Reservation System

      Hi Summer. I haven't had issues like you describe with Disney in particular, but it's very common in the travel industry. You did well when you thanked the girl and told her you'd call back later. Sometimes the representatives are having a bad day and don't really want to help. You called and got someone else - that was good.

      Sometimes, I wish Disney Resorts had a sort of frequent stay program like other hotel companies have. That way, all your reservations could be linked to your account and they'd have all your updated (hopefully) information already. This would also serve to recognize repeat guests for upgrades, requests and such.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disney Reservation System

        I've only booked my hotel rooms through Hotels.com and I've never had a problem with them. There's been been times I've gotten rates cheaper through them than what WDW quoted directly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disney Reservation System

          Recently I've had issues with them having the wrong phone number/address/party names associated with my group even after I changed them. I've also given them the reservation number and had them give me an entirely different family name. So, it's hit or miss. In the end, it usually all evens out.

          But, if I get someone that doesn't seem very competent (or friendly), I'll usually make up an excuse that I have to go and I'll call back later to complete my reservation.
          -Tim

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disney Reservation System

            There has been a lot of problems lately with the computer system (including having prices not being the same when you show up on a room only). Definitely keep your paperwork and bring it with you to the resorts.

            As someone who has worked at DRC, and dealt with DRC for another 6 years after - it's a very tough job, with high turnover. You may end up getting someone new, you can get someone trying to upsell you, etc. I try to do everything online because I find dealing with the agents frustrating.
            Denise

            www.mousesteps.com




            Favorite TDL Typo:

            Originally posted by TDLFAN
            I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
            on Bay Lake.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disney Reservation System

              I'm sorry to hear of your troubles Summer.

              It really does depend on who you talk to and who does what. I had booked a room for my aunt in January as well and they didn't ever ask me for their address or contact information. It would've been an issue when they tried to check-in. Luckily I modified my reservation to add-on the DDP and I was told of this issue where they had us all under one booking instead of two. :croll: Kind of frustrating.

              Most of the time I'm calling the Dining Line and I've found myself getting the good Cast Members. I've found that it also depends on when you call. I typically call late at night and during the week.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disney Reservation System

                Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                I've been calling everyday for about a week now, trying to see if any discounted rates have opened up for our trip in May and typically I don't have too much trouble with the reservation line, until today.

                1st Call, I was on my way to work and I told the girl I just wanted to search for any discounted rates. She asked me for my reservation number, I usually have it but this time I wasn't near a computer. When I told her this, I gave her my information, she punchs into the computer, lists everyone ELSE in my family and tells me I don't exist.

                Umm, I book a room every couple months and currently have 2 reservations. Are you crazy lady?

                Then she simply said, "I'm sorry but I can't access your reservation without a reservation number."

                I say, "No problem, I'll try again later."

                (2nd Call)I hang up, call back immediately and someone answers the phone and goes, "Uh, no way." and hangs up on me.


                (3rd Call) I get through, the girl was very nice, she found my information (without a res number) and does the search like I needed.

                Another problem I'm finding is whenever I call, the information they have in the system is outdated and I change it EVERY time but as soon as I call back and go through the motions, its ALWAYS my old phone number that I haven't used in 2 years!

                Does anyone else every run into these kind of problems? Honestly, I would say 7/10 calls are ok but lately the number of just really bad experiences seem to be increasing.
                Having worked at DRC for 10 years I can give you some information. We can always access a guests reservation with or without a res number. There are several ways to do it. What I think you are running into is a "revenue concern" here. Agents have to meet a certain revenue criteria or not only do they not get a bonus at the end of the month, but if they fail to meet this revenue 3 months in a row, they are fired. Calls that do not require a new reservation and just questions cost the res agent money, hence, you are going to get people that are annoyed with your call. This is not right, but this is a fact. Until the agent learns that everyone gets these calls and it really does average out in the end, you will get people that will rush you off the phone, and in some cases even hang up on you. One woman who after 20 years working in the res center was just recently fired for disconnecting "modification" calls because they do take a while to process, so be aware that eventually they will get caught.
                Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

                Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                Favorite Sites for latest news:
                WDWNewToday.com
                WaltDisneyBoards.com
                DisneyReporter.net.ms

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disney Reservation System

                  Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                  I've been calling everyday for about a week now, trying to see if any discounted rates have opened up for our trip in May and typically I don't have too much trouble with the reservation line, until today.

                  1st Call, I was on my way to work and I told the girl I just wanted to search for any discounted rates. She asked me for my reservation number, I usually have it but this time I wasn't near a computer. When I told her this, I gave her my information, she punchs into the computer, lists everyone ELSE in my family and tells me I don't exist.

                  Umm, I book a room every couple months and currently have 2 reservations. Are you crazy lady?

                  Then she simply said, "I'm sorry but I can't access your reservation without a reservation number."

                  I say, "No problem, I'll try again later."

                  (2nd Call)I hang up, call back immediately and someone answers the phone and goes, "Uh, no way." and hangs up on me.


                  (3rd Call) I get through, the girl was very nice, she found my information (without a res number) and does the search like I needed.

                  Another problem I'm finding is whenever I call, the information they have in the system is outdated and I change it EVERY time but as soon as I call back and go through the motions, its ALWAYS my old phone number that I haven't used in 2 years!

                  Does anyone else every run into these kind of problems? Honestly, I would say 7/10 calls are ok but lately the number of just really bad experiences seem to be increasing.
                  Summerlin - this is the latest discounts. As you can see they have not gotten to May yet. I get notified every morning. When in May are your going? If you like I will keep you posted.
                  http://www.gettingacreditcard.com/disney-visa-card.jpg


                  "room only" rates for Disney World for stays between
                  3/30/08-4/12/08.

                  Moderate resorts (Sun-Thurs): $129 plus tax Standard view
                  Old Key West Resort (Sun-Thurs): $204 plus tax Studio
                  Saratoga Springs Resort (Sun-Thurs): $204 plus tax Studio
                  Last edited by NeverNeverland; 03-08-2008, 09:37 AM. Reason: hotlinked image removed
                  Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                  www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

                  Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                  Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                  Favorite Sites for latest news:
                  WDWNewToday.com
                  WaltDisneyBoards.com
                  DisneyReporter.net.ms

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disney Reservation System

                    Originally posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
                    Calls that do not require a new reservation and just questions cost the res agent money, hence, you are going to get people that are annoyed with your call. This is not right, but this is a fact. Until the agent learns that everyone gets these calls and it really does average out in the end, you will get people that will rush you off the phone, and in some cases even hang up on you. .
                    Anytime I see someone call a DRC agent a "customer service agent", I always correct that. DRC agents are sales agents, and some do a hard sell - or at least try to upsell into things that guests don't need. But that is where it comes in, being informed before calling.
                    Denise

                    www.mousesteps.com




                    Favorite TDL Typo:

                    Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                    on Bay Lake.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disney Reservation System

                      whoa, that's surprizing. I've never had problems with the reservation people. Although, I have had some ALOT more friendly than others. I have had the problem with information though. We changed our phone number and it took about 3 calls before it stayed changed.



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disney Reservation System

                        That's the system, not the agent. For some reason the part where you information is stored does not always take what we put in when we change something. So just be patient, you'll get an agent who will call it into the IT team, and they will get it changed.
                        Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                        www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

                        Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                        Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                        Favorite Sites for latest news:
                        WDWNewToday.com
                        WaltDisneyBoards.com
                        DisneyReporter.net.ms

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X