This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epcot Flower & Garden Festival at Aventura Mall

Adam and I spent the afternoon at Aventura mall (lunch and a movie) and were surprised to see two promotional Epcot Flower & Garden Festival displays. The neat thing was that if you signed up for the mall's monthly newsletter, they gave you a really nice Epcot F&G poster ... FREE!

This was the display poster found throughout the mall.

The center court display featured the "Lion King" characters.

This was the second display in the Fountain Court - with characters from "Bambi". We didn't go down to see it up close.

Sorry about the picture quality ... they were taken from the iPhone.

Re: Epcot Flower & Garden Festival at Aventura Mall

Interesting.

Looks like they just brought the old topiaries down this way ... what's the Disney Store down there like these days?

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
      What's the Disney Store down there like these days?
      I haven't gone into the Disney Store in a long time. There is nothing there I would buy as I don't have children.

The store I do visit is Disney's Character Premier store at Dolphin Mall - which is an outlet for WDW merchandise.

Comment

Interesting!
        Thanks for the pictures!!

Comment

Where is the Aventura Mall?
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
            Where is the Aventura Mall?
            Aventura, Florida ...

It's basically North Miami Beach.

Comment

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

Comment

A belated thank-you for starting this thread and posting these photos. I had perused the messages in this thread when it was first posted. I was intrigued by the displays, but didn't think too much about them because I didn't have any plans to be in Florida any time soon, and in any case didn't really know where Aventura was.

As it turns out, I was stuck at Ft. Lauderdale airport for a very extended layover a few days later. I walked outside to check out one of the other terminals and kill a little time, and noticed a public bus going by with "Aventura Mall" as its destination. The bus driver told me the trip would take only about 40 minutes and $1.25, so I hopped on.

So... completely unexpectedly, I had the chance to see these displays for myself (they were pretty cool), and also occupy myself at the mall for a few hours -- which was infinitely better than hanging out at the airport all day. (The food court at Aventura Mall has some nice choices, and the Paul pastry stand has a tasty chocolate bread pudding.)

Thanks!

Comment

Looks like they are trying to persuade people from South Florida to make the trip up to EPCOT to see F&G Festival. I personally would not want to go all the way to EPCOT just to see F&G, but it seems nice. Do they still have a Rainforest Cafe at Aventura Mall?

Comment

I don't recall seeing one -- just a Johnny Rocket's, Cheesecake Factory, and a restaurant called Paul (along with its pastry stand at the other end of the mall). Also, a new high-end restaurant seemed to be on the verge of opening.

One thing I did find odd about Aventura Mall was its lack of a bookstore! I think I saw one listed in the directory at the mall, but when I went to the location, it was boarded up...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X