Photo at Epcot:

Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Re: 5/14 Contemporary DVC Tower, CBR Pool, T-Rex Photos, etc. by Denise

I know it's not done yet but does the T-Rex building look out of place at Downtown Disney or does it seem to fit in? What about the DVC tower next to the MK. Does it look bad and out of place?

Comment

Matt -

I think the T-Rex looks shoe-horned in the area it is at. That is just my opinion. But it may not look bad at all when done, it's hard to tell until it's closer to completion.

The DVC Tower looks okay - I prefered the way the buildings were previously, but it's not looking too bad right now (IMHO). I think I'm just getting used to it!
      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

I think both the DVC tower and T-Rex are prime examples of trying to squeeze every last dollar they can out of any available piece of land.

While I can see the financial benefits (ie: they're going to make a LOT of money), I have a big issue with the design and placement of both of these projects. I'm sure the Kingdom/Bay Lake Tower will have beautiful views, amazing interiors and be loved by everyone who owns a unit there. But, was that piece of land the best location for a 16-story tower? Personally I don't think so. But, that's just my opinion. The same can be said about the warehouse T-Rex building. I just don't think Downtown Disney needed another themed chain restaurant from a third party company.

Deep down I half wish both of these projects would fail miserably so they would stop building things like this. But, I know at least the DVC tower will be wildly successful. I have no idea how well the Rainforests are doing, but T-Rex will bring in the people I'm sure (at least at first). I guess it doesn't take much to please the average tourist these days.

Regardless, thanks for the great pics as always, Denise!
        -Tim

Comment

Thanks for the great pics!

Comment

I just don't think Downtown Disney needed another themed chain restaurant from a third party company.
            Themed restaurants in a Theme Park resort will always succeed as long as they are done properly. The Rainforest Cafe' does an extraordinary business even though it is not a Disney property. But that is part of the mystique of building such a restaurant there because even though they are not Disney owned, managed or built by Disney, they still fall under the WDW umbrella and many folks don't even realize, or consider the fact, that it is not really a Disney restuarant. The lines become blurred and I am guessing it will here-to-fore be known by lots of people not simply as the T-Rex restaurant but the T-Rex restaurant at Disney or even Disney's T-Rex restaurant.
            Many of the "themed" restaurants at the World Showcase for example were not/are not Disney properties but people still associate them with Disney and never think about the fact that they are actually run by outside vendors.

Comment

I am not against themed restaurants, nor am I against third-party restaurants (I actually think many of the third-party have better food overall than Disney). I'm not a Rainforest fan, but I do think that Yak and Yeti did a great job - not as much on food as design, but the food is okay, just pricey and doesn't fit as well with the theme of the area.
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                I am not against themed restaurants, nor am I against third-party restaurants (I actually think many of the third-party have better food overall than Disney). I'm not a Rainforest fan, but I do think that Yak and Yeti did a great job - not as much on food as design, but the food is okay, just pricey and doesn't fit as well with the theme of the area.
                I am a fan of Yak and Yeti's quick service!

BUt T-Rex should be fun, we will see on the the whole area is redone, how it all looks!

That all being said, I really think that new DVC counter is really cute!
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
                  I am a fan of Yak and Yeti's quick service!

BUt T-Rex should be fun, we will see on the the whole area is redone, how it all looks!

That all being said, I really think that new DVC counter is really cute!
                  I don't like their quick service as much - not enough choices (and our cashier the last time was terrible!)

The DVC counter is really neat!
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

very nice that tower is getting huge, is it going to be just DVC?
                    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

^ That's the rumor. Of course, you could still rent a "room" like any of the other DVC properties.
                      -Tim

Comment

Nice Pictures!
                        Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

I think it is supposed to be just DVC. I was just over at the AKL today, taking pics - those should be up tomorrow (Sunday).
                          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Nice pictures as usual Denise. Looking forward the the AK ones.
                            Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                            www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                            Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                            Favorite Sites for latest news:
                            WDWNewToday.com
                            WaltDisneyBoards.com
                            DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X